Idaho News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Evolve or die. The mantra applies to business as much as nature, and at Coldwater Creek it’s a way of life.
"We now have three legs to our economy — the Air Force base, agriculture and manufacturing," said Mountain Home Mayor Joe McNeal. "This project gives us an economic boost that will help us accommodate any future developments at the base."
Company says demand shift away from wood required 120 layoffs
Beck said the SBA’s transition from district to centralized loan processing will speed up loan approval, as all lenders will be required to conform their applications to SBA standards, rather than having district personnel guiding them through the process. That means bankers will need to learn the SBA process, Beck said, and they will be trained in large part by the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders.
In this issue: # NanoSteel Gets First Funding # Idaho Companies Receiving SBIR Grant Wins # Idaho Universities, AREVA, INL Join Forces on Nuclear Engineers Program # Micron Technology Expands Singapore Facility # DocuTech Releases…
The Pocatello Development Authority takes step to bring IsoRay Medical and its 100 to 150 high-paying jobs to town: Agency chips in $200,000 to help fund test at INL
”In our minds it’s much broader than just IsoRay coming here,“ Burstedt said. ”It opens industry to all types of companies who will need this same service from the laboratory. All of Eastern Idaho will benefit.“
Both would lessen the tax burden of low-income Idahoans, and either shift the costs to sales and income taxes or to businesses, farmers and folks who own more expensive homes.
Healthy workers make good business sense – Companies are jumping on the fitness wagon by sponsoring employee health programs
"Every company spends thousands of dollars in benefits on health care per employee," Kemper said. "If you’re going to spend so much on sick care, why not spend a lot on helping employees become healthier?"
"Boise has sold itself within 24 hours of them getting off the plane," Wiskirchen said. Most job candidates are impressed with the access to recreational sports and low housing prices, he said.
Local experts speculated that the number of jobs lost eventually could approach 600, based on a multiplier formula that says a lost information services job typically results in another job lost in the service sector of the economy.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts