Idaho News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Directory focuses on technology businesses and organizations actively involved in science and technology in Idaho
The 64-page directory, which lists more than 200 companies, research organizations and universities, will serve as a point of contact for people interested in doing business in Idaho, Commerce and Labor officials said.
"We just could not compete with the monetary incentives which were extended by Texas and the communities surrounding Dalhart."
"When we moved here we had a three-year goal," said Yoder. "We’re going to hit that three year goal in 18 months."
A little good news arrived Tuesday for the employees of Stimson Lumber’s Atlas mill who will lose their jobs when the plant closes at the end of the year.
Boise State University President Bob Kustra said the ideas could have a "significant impact" in Idaho’s ability to recruit and nurture new businesses.
"In Idaho, we found a plentiful and enthusiastic workforce, lower business operating costs and a fair and balanced tax structure. What could be better?"
— Dana Jordan President of Cascade Toboggans and Rescue Equipment Co. in Sandpoint
Outside investors inflate Idaho Valley prices – Investors discover Treasure Valley real estate only a web site away
But experts worry that the very things that make homes attractive to investors — affordable housing costs, a strong rental market, a superior quality of life — are threatened by the investment boom.
The delegation represents 24 Idaho businesses, four public and private universities, five trade organizations and even an elementary school on a trade mission to Mexico.
Main Street is where the state’s citizens go to work, so policymakers should consider just how programs, rules and regulations will affect the state’s job-creating small businesses.
Idaho’s leaders need to recognize that agriculture and timber aren’t dying parts of the state’s economy, but a growing $10.4 billion segment that offers the best hope for progress in the rural areas of the state.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts