Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
It’s a rare industry in which companies are not searching for ways to trim payrolls and improve control over their staff, which today may include telecommuters, flex-shift employees, and overseas workers all putting in hours at different locations. "With many businesses having trouble finding qualified workers and facing heightened competition, workforce management software provides a relatively painless was to track down and eliminate needless expenditures," says David O’Connell, a senior analyst at technology research firm Nucleus Research. "The software also allows businesses to standardize rules and procedures across different work sites."
As contracting out work has become the norm for many companies looking to cut costs and gain efficiencies, the number of virtual businesses cropping up to fill those needs is climbing dramatically, experts say.
The good news is that as small businesses outsource more of their administrative tasks and employers seek ways to slash overhead, there’s a tremendous opening right now for independent contractors to find work.
"I would hire tomorrow if I had the candidates." While many say they plan to hire more workers in the coming months, they also say it is getting harder to find qualified candidates because they can’t afford to live here.
They are the places where you can still get something that feels like a good life, without the salary of a chief executive.
Tech jobs suffer lack of talent, panel says. Trouble ahead: Without an influx of highly skilled workers, some trades could grind to halt
"The conditions are ripe for a ‘perfect storm’ . . . an economic climate in which all of us [globally] are seeking to recruit" the next crop of highly skilled and educated workers,
If these businesses can’t find workers to fill these specialized, knowledge-based jobs, they’ll move away, the study warns.
As in the federal government’s telework program, most state initiatives call on managers to designate employees who can work from home one or more days a week. But without rigorous guidelines or sanctions, reluctant managers tend to offer the option to only a handful of employees.
Maine, Rhode Island, Maryland and Wyoming, which lost population to other states in the 1990’s, have gained residents from elsewhere in the country since 2000.
"There are structural difficulties that prevent smaller companies from taking advantage of offshoring, and yet these are the companies that have the most to gain."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts