Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
To Paul Mugge, the answer to the business survivability debate is simple: Innovate or die.
“Starting up, owning and operating a business is a risky venture. But those individuals willing to take such risks, by making investments of resources, time and energy, spur the economy forward. Indeed, entrepreneurship and investment serve as the economy’s lifeblood. Of course, most politicians claim to support small business, but their actions speak far louder than any political speeches ever could,” stated Richard Keating, SBE President.
Disney Online and Kauffman Foundation’s "Hot Shot Business" Teaches Excitement and Challenge of Entrepreneurship
“These enhancements offer an even greater real-world experience for kids to learn about the issues associated with entrepreneurship,” said Carl Schramm, president and CEO of the Kauffman Foundation. “Exposing kids early to both the rewards and the challenges helps prepare America’s next generation of strong and successful business owners – a group that is vital to the continued health of our economy.”
Entrepreneurs play a unique role in the economy. Are they born that way or can their behavior be taught?
Small Business Survival Index 2005: Ranking the Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship – Montana Ranks 38th
Some politicians recognize that the policies they implement have an impact on economic decision-making. Others simply choose to ignore or
are ignorant of those effects.
"The licensing from the state was grueling," she said.
Greg Gianforte, CEO and founder of RightNow Technologies in Bozeman, MT publishes book on entrepreneur strategies –
"Bootstrapping is really about an entrepreneur thinking outside the box and, in particular, thinking of innovative ways to start and grow a business without a lot of money," he said.
A Kauffman Foundation study that found that 41 percent of kids ages 9 to 12 would like to start their own business, but don’t know how.
"A lot of talent has migrated here, and they’re always looking for high-paying jobs," he said. "If they can’t find it, they will build it."
Ranging from Nice to Nasty – How States Treat Entrepreneurship – Montana ranks 38th – South Dakota 1st
Enormous differences in policies are evident in the new tenth annual ‘Small Business Survival Index 2005: Ranking the Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship Across the Nation,’ which I write for the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts