Community

Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.

Jared Diamond On Environmental And Social Sustainability. The Rise and Fall of Civilizations

If you look at fresh water around the world today, something like 70 percent of the world’s fresh water supplies are already being fully utilized. And don’t be happy that 30 percent remains unutilized, because that 30 percent is in places like far northern Canada, Iceland and Northwest Australia. It’s unutilized for good reasons.

In a fast-growing county, sprawl teaches hard lessons

Today it’s the poster child for development run amok.

Program Offers Unique Opportunities For Volunteers – The Office for Civic Engagement, a program of The University of Montana’s Davidson Honors College

The program provides ways for people to learn about and participate in civic work and helps community agencies connect with volunteers.

Missoula in the Rearview Mirror. An exit interview with outgoing Mayor Mike Kadas and thoughts from Mayor-elect John Engen

I really believe that we’ve gone out and preserved for the community some really important places. And we’ve had our ups and downs with learning how to manage that, but by and large I think we’ve learned quite a bit and do a reasonable job with it though we have more to learn. It’s really a huge asset to the community that I think people will in 20, 30, 100 years really thank the people who got us into the open space business in the first place.

How Does A City Develop A Brand?

Why the branding of cities is often done so poorly

Powell, Wyoming Pulls Together

‘Wyoming was a state of low multitudes, high altitudes and great attitudes, and that is exactly what best describes Powell."

Missoulians tops in civic involvement, study says

“Thirty-eight percent are watching it (City Council) on TV,” he said. “I’ve never seen numbers like that anywhere in America.”

The Montana Community Foundation is now accepting applications for a new grant program, Building Rural Communities.

Projects must serve communities under 5,000. This new grant program replaces the regional grant programs in place during recent years.

The Center for the Rocky Mountain West Newsletter – December 2005 – January 2006

For those of us lucky enough to live in the Rocky Mountain West, we know we live in a special place.

The Silicon Valley Of Green Building – The Northwest is home to several prominent environmentally friendly architecture and development firms that are paving the way for a ‘green’ renaissance.

The standardization of green building techniques in recent years has helped define what is and isn’t worthy of the label. That has made it easier for firms to focus and gain recognition for their efforts.