Back in the 1990s when he was president of the Iowa Seed Capital Corp., Emerging Growth Group founder and president Gregg Barcus watched start-up after start-up leave the state. By: Beth Dalby Des Moines Business...
McLaughlin eyes Congress for expansion With a little help from Congress and its national board, the McLaughlin Research Institute is looking for $3 million to renovate, expand and hire more scientists. By PETER JOHNSON Tribune...
About 160 community leaders, merchants and business people harnessed their collective brainpower Wednesday as they traded ideas about the economic future of Butte. By Leslie McCartney of The Montana Standard The three-hour “ Jobs For...
Associated Press HELENA (AP) – Officials from two Wall Street bond-rating companies got a firsthand look at the Montana economy Wednesday and will use the information in analyzing the state’s financial condition just before it...
Corixa cut 130 jobs yesterday in South San Francisco and sold six antibodies in animal testing, moves that will conserve money in the midst of its latest standoff with the Food and Drug Administration. By...
For the last three weeks, the Northwest’s nuclear power producer has also been generating a tiny bit of electricity from solar panels and selling it to the Bonneville Power Administration. Energy Northwest is experimenting with...
That a statewide group has emerged to support and promote higher education is welcome news. That it is being launched by Ian Davidson, chairman of the Davidson Cos., is encouraging. His name and the word...
ST. LOUIS — Centrail Boyd can’t get excited about his biology class. But when the talk turns to plumbing, the 16-year-old is all grins. He can describe with his hands which pipe goes where, though...
When executives discuss the tenor of business these days they invariably use words like "stressful," "lean" and "tough." While an economic recovery beckons, orders for products and services are still hard to come by and...
Any student in the state can enroll in charter Bill Roberts The Idaho Statesman A new charter school is expected to open in Idaho next fall, and any kindergartner through fifth grader, from the Treasure...
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Come Home Montana
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts