Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Helping to create affordable housing is the most important action the state government can take to improve the local business climate, according to 65 percent of the CEOs surveyed.
“Youth want to return to the community, but perceive a lack of opportunity,” Wall said. “With a large percentage of youth interested in staying or returning to the area, there is a great opportunity to work with them in creating opportunities that will help them act on this. Entrepreneurship education, meaningful youth community engagement and adult support could help shift this perspective,” he said.
Its website lists nearly 800 open positions in the San Francisco Bay Area alone.
Prosperity for many rural communities will depend on innovative income-generating strategies that attract people and jobs.
Just look at the big movers on Inc.’s annual survey of the nation’s boomtowns.
IT workers who telecommute share advice for their bosses about the process, technology, and attitudes necessary for staff to be productive when they work from home.
In my travels around the USA, I am increasingly meeting people who are living a more tranquil life in rural America, while maintaining their existing work via telecommunications and video technology. I think that we will see this trend continue to grow as babyboomers either take early retirement or move to locations that they want to live in for quality of life issues.
One thing employers aren’t paying for is IT certifications, Foote said. He added that companies in many cases "are looking at people with industry and customer experience" and who also have some technology skills.
The native-born are leaving "hip" cities for the heartland.
If you’ve ever thought about quitting your mundane, low-paying office job for a cushy position in the lucrative high-tech sector, now might be a good time to do it.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Responder Alliance – Don’t let stress injury steal your passion
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts