Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
China, a country known more for its technicians than tech innovators, is building a new type of university system — one that combines the technical with the creative and the practical. The aim: creating China’s own Larry Ellisons and Bill Gates.
The strategic plan outlines eight priority recommendations based on input from more than 1,000 business, community and economic development leaders statewide who participated in nine regional workshops through Fall 2003.
The state must quickly commit substantial resources to higher education to achieve the goal of making Mississippi competitive in the New Economy
It’s becoming more standard for institutional investors like pension funds to allocate money to venture capitalists.” If you couple that, he added, with the next generation of VC managers that will inevitably forget the lessons of their predecessors then the next boom will be larger than the last.
His proposal includes $760 million in bonds for projects in five key areas: higher education; economic development, housing and transportation; community safety; public services and preservation of existing infrastructure.
The plan calls for the state to invest at least $500 million over the next 10 years through a variety of new programs to encourage research, innovation and technology commercialization.
Until you have a wildly successful startup story … you’re always going to have a second-tier environment. A community needs organic growth and a large, successful story,”
Oklahoma Marks Progress, Looks to Future – The satisfying flavor of success in tech-based economic development is whetting Oklahoma’s appetite for more. Lots more.
Interest in advancing Oklahoma’s competitive position and economic livelihood through science and technology-based economic development may be at an all-time high.
A $1 billion fund to make Oklahoma "the research capital of the Plains," tax cuts to encourage companies to do business in Oklahoma and a 50-cent cigarette tax increase were part of the final EDGE plan presented to Governor Brad Henry.
This action is expected to improve linkages among economic and workforce development initiatives, streamline services now provided by programs in different departments, and ensure more efficient administration.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Responder Alliance – Don’t let stress injury steal your passion
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts