Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
According to a press release, ISU will host week-long summer workshops for teachers from Idaho, Wyoming, northern Utah, northern Nevada and eastern Oregon with follow-up sessions during the school year. "The program will serve isolated and neglected rural teachers,"
Rocky Mountain College did a study several years ago and learned that students who were involved in small groups on campus were more likely to stay in school, Moak said.
Rocky incorporated that idea into its core curriculum for freshmen. Freshmen are divided into groups of 20. Those groups have several classes together so they get to know each other well. That program seems to appeal to team-oriented millennials.
"The bottom line," Donovan said, "is Conrad is interested in getting technology into our schools so our children have the same advantages … as in urban areas like Los Angeles or New York."
The 7-year-old program, which runs for four weeks each year, pairs more than 450 Southwest pilots with 18,000 pupils around the country, many in low-income areas.
As a whole, these recommendations support a subtle shift of state support for public higher education toward instruction of undergraduates, which is a strategy for increasing productivity.
Montana is turning the economic corner and if we are to finish the job, early education is going to play a major role. Without effective education Montana will not be ready for new challenges.
National Science Foundation Awards University of Montana Ecologists Program Nearly $2 Million to assist Missoula County schools
“Through partnerships among teachers and scientists and students, we can demystify science and the process of scientific studies,” Brewer said. “These partnerships may be the best hope for moving toward an ecologically literate public.”
"I tell them that being a role model means not just being it in Head Start, but in general in the community," she said. "It just makes kids aware that there’s more than them."
The experience will hopefully also foster a long-lasting interest in volunteering, added Terry Hanson, the Early Head Start program director.
Lack of change, they say, will keep huge numbers of students heading for remedial college work or jobs for which they’re unprepared.
Study: Entrepreneurship classes inspire students – Teaching entrepreneurship not only prepares kids for the business world, it also makes them better students.
"Youth entrepreneurship education programs also serve to inspire leadership and confidence in students where such character traits may go unrecognized and underutilized,"
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts