Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
From Anne Mulcahy of Xerox: "I am still learning. That is an important mark of a good leader … to know you don’t know it all and never will."
Job creation is a three legged stool: move them in, grow what’s here or create new ones. The creation of new jobs, through entrepreneurship, is probably one of the most exciting and potentially valuable elements in building economic prosperity in Montana and the entire US.
By providing large grants over an extended period to selected colleges and universities that have the best plans for bringing entrepreneurship out of their business schools and making it a campuswide experience, many more students will be exposed to an entrepreneurship curriculum.
"It’s very, very unusual for students in entrepreneurship programs to work with scientists," Semenik said. "And here, that’s what they do every day. They work on ideas or products that come from scientists or engineers.
Voice of Wisdom: Jump-starting entrepreneurs – Network mentors women who are getting their own businesses going
Do we have similar programs in Montana and other states in the Inland Northwest? If so, please add their contact info in the comments section below. Hopefully this will help more take advantage of these programs. Russ
"I am inspired by individuals who see the world in a different way," she says, "who see problems as opportunities."
"If it’s not going to improve peoples’ lives significantly, we are going down the wrong path,"
Where to go for America’s hottest small biz market- Bozeman #1, Kalispell #10 in Small Markets (below 100,000 residents)
"One of the lessons here is that you no longer have to be in Silicon Valley to start your own tech business," says Weiler. "It’s now possible to live in a high-amenity area and provide services from a distance." The Kalispell Chamber will use the ranking publicity to promote the city as a good place to do business. A link will be put on the Chamber’s Web site that gets about 35,000 user-sessions a month, and the ranking also will be included in the chamber’s annual report and community profile.
"It makes Kalispell more attractive for those wanting to start or relocate a business here," Unterreiner said.
"It’s not just the city limits of Bozeman, it’s the economy of the Gallatin Valley," Smith said. "It’s without a doubt the lure of the university, the recreation, the highly-educated work force and the rest of those intangible quality-of-life issues."
William D Bygrave, Frederic C Hamilton Professor for Free Enterprise, Babson College and lead researcher of the GEM Financing Report said, "Entrepreneurs seeking capital to start a business must first use their own savings, then turn to family members, next friends, work colleagues, and neighbours and finally strangers for informal investment. They should forget about formal venture capital."
Pierson oversees the small-business division, which is charged with helping Phoenix small companies expand and create jobs.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts