Big Sky Commerce
Using credit cards while traveling abroad doesn’t have to be a hassle. Here are three credit card rules that’ll make your trip a little easier.
Big Sky Commerce is excited to be celebrating 13 years of doing business in the payment processing space, and we’d like to thank some of our clients for their support:
"Square Inc (NYSE:SQ) is in the spotlight today after a report published on Barron’s suggested that the California-based payment company’s stock is set to decline to new lows as the struggling company faces problems with its business model and profitability dynamics."
For our lucky #13 anniversary, we’ll be showcasing one client each May weekday
We can always count on Big Sky Commerce!
The prospect of shouldering greater responsibility for $8.6 billion in credit card fraud losses each year is a powerful motivator for merchants and banks to adopt EMV card technology, yet the Oct. 15 deadline has already passed and a large percentage of them are still noncompliant.
"Businesses that have not integrated EMV technology to process chip cards will become financially responsible for fraudulent transactions previously covered by the cardholder’s issuing bank."
Investing in new payment terminals could save merchants large sums of money in the future.
Local merchants are also getting prepared for the switch to avoid being liable if fraud is detected in their store.
Beginning Oct. 1, merchants that have not updated point-of-sale devices to recognize chips will be held liable if there is fraud at the register in the store if the bank has issued cards with chips. Whoever has the older technology is liable for fraud. If both the bank and the retailer have updated their technology, the liability falls back to the bank.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts