Governor Newsom, California Legislative Leaders Announce Historic Broadband Budget Bill
July 14, 2021 /
The legislation includes:
- More vital accountability and legislative oversight.
- Creating a ‘broadband czar’ and nine-member council within the California Department of Technology.
- Hiring a third-party to build and maintain the ‘middle-mile network’ – high-capacity fiber lines that carry large amounts of data at higher speeds over longer distances between local networks.
- Investing $3.25 billion to target that middle mile and build the broadband lines.
- Providing $2 billion for ‘last-mile’ infrastructure lines that will connect consumers’ homes and businesses with local networks ($1 billion for rural communities; $1 billion for urban communities).
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.