Come Home Montana
MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
Gov. Steve Bullock
Montana Economic Development
Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Montana Department of Commerce
Funding and Building your Business
- Wisdom at Work: Why the Modern Elder Is Relevant
Historically, the boss typically has been older than the staff. But in the last few decades, several trends converged that made it more common for employees to have younger managers.
- She Thinks Big – Women Entrepreneurs Doing Good in the World – Podcasts with Geraldine Carter
Join the Community!
Where women entrepreneurs who are doing good in the world come to connect, learn, share resources, have accountability and help each other do more good in the world!
- The Traditional Job Interview Is Dead. Here’s What Top Companies Are Doing Instead
It will weed out potential jerks from being hired.
- “Venture capital money kills more businesses than it helps,” says Basecamp CEO Jason Fried
Fried says tech startups are addicted to raising and spending money, and the VC funding cycle is to blame.
- Trust or bust: How to create solid relationships with your team
At the center of every healthy relationship is trust.
- Reducing the ‘Drama’ of Business Transfers
Approaches to ownership transfer vary, depending on the type of ‘exit owner’ you are.
- Ask these five questions to find out if you’ll like your future boss
You don’t want to accept the wrong job–and bosses don’t want to hire people who won’t stick around. Here’s what to ask to find the right match.
- The Investor Seth Klarman, in a Rare Interview, Offers a Warning. Everyone Should Listen
“it can’t be business as usual amid constant protests, riots, shutdowns and escalating social tensions.”
Business Plan Forums
Regional Economic Development
21st Century Education Initiative – “You Should Care…”
- A Different Way to Learn – Deep Springs College
For what came ye into the wilderness?’ Not for conventional scholastic training; not for ranch life; not to become proficient in commercial or professional pursuits for personal gain. You came to prepare for a life of service, with the understanding that superior ability and generous purpose would be expected of you.”
Montana Education/Business Partnerships
Government News & Events
- New Colorado Governor’s First Executive Order: Get More Electric Vehicles on the Road
Citing his pledge to fight climate change by moving the state toward all-renewable electric power by 2040, Polis said the order will make it easier for residents to adopt electric vehicles while saving consumers money and providing widespread public health benefits.
- Dangerous By Design: Streets Are Only Getting Less Safe for Pedestrians – Reserve Street in Missoula!
The status quo in American road design is claiming more and more lives
- What happened when Oslo decided to make its downtown basically car-free?
“Cities, like Oslo, have been built for cars for several decades, and it’s about time we change it.”
- Study: Uber and Lyft Have Been Catastrophic for Public Transit Ridership
The most damning evidence yet of how ride hailing is making urban transportation less efficient, not more.
- What do you think? – The future of motorsport: McLaren’s vision for all-electric Formula One in 2050
What’s going to happen to Formula One when it goes fully electric, and today’s lack of overtaking is added to tomorrow’s lack of sound to create the fastest yawn-fest on wheels?
- Meet Scout, Amazon’s friendly neighborhood delivery robot
Amazon has begun testing six of the cooler-sized, six-wheeled robots in a neighborhood in Snohomish County, Washington, about 60 miles northeast of Amazon’s Seattle headquarters.
- Frontier Airlines returning to Billings, will resume flights to Denver
Frontier Airlines is returning to Billings Logan International Airport and will begin flying nonstop to Denver “starting as low as $39 each way,” the airline announced Tuesday in Billings.
- Boise wants you to ride public transit so badly, it’ll pay for your Lyft to a bus stop
“The goal is to get more people using public transit and out of single occupancy vehicles.”
- Stuck and Stressed: The Health Costs of Traffic
The physical and psychological toll of brutal commutes can be considerable.
Energy and Climate Change
Social Media, Connectivity & Communications