There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding
its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false
notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992)
Today’s MATR Newsletter is sponsored by:
Come Home Montana
- Montana Career Opportunity – Director of Marketing/Operations – Visions
As marketing/operations director, you will oversee the marketing systems of VISIONS, including the Salesforce database, Pardot, WordPress website, Google Ads/Analytics, social media, and additional marketing channels.
- Montana Career Opportunity – Manager of Strategic Partnerships – MoFi
This is your chance to be on a team that is transforming communities. MoFi is changing what lending can do for people and their businesses.
- Montana Career Opportunities – Mgr Technical Consultative Solutions – Financial Crimes Compliance, Sr Product Mgr I-Digital Risk Applications, Product Manager II, and more… – LexisNexis
Our mission is to provide essential insights to advance and protect people, industry and society.
- Montana Career Opportunity – Anthony Pollner Distinguished Professorship – The School of Journalism at the University of Montana
Recent Pollner professors have included former New York Times reporter William Glaberson; Hank Stuever, television critic at the Washington Post; design expert Ron Reason; Chris Jones, a two-time National Magazine Award recipient, and Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters Eli Saslow, Tamara Jones, John Woestendiek and Maurice Possley and AP international photo editor Sally Stapleton.
- Montana Career Opportunities – Senior Engineers – Submittable
This position will be making architectural decisions and their code will be used by thousands of people every day.
MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
Montana Economic Development
- Bozeman announces business mentoring program at library
Available at no cost to the public, the program is a collaboration between the library, the city’s economic development department, Montana State University’s Blackstone Launchpad and Bozeman’s Small Business Development Center.
- Missoula-based Elephant Friendly™ campaign promotes elephant-friendly tea plantations
Mills and her husband Scott got the help of UM’s Broader Impact Group in the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, the university’s wildlife biology program, Blackstone Launchpad, MonTEC and the College of Business to launch the initiative.
- Bonner, Montana based Ruana Knives, 80-plus years crafting tools for the outdoors
“Things haven’t changed. I think some of the dust is still here from when my Grandpa opened up.”
- Montana Economic Outlook Seminar 2019 – Coming to a Community Near You
Why Attend EOS 2019?
BBER economists present national, state and local economic forecasts for each seminar city and industry experts will give their outlook for Montana’s important sectors, including tourism, health care, real estate and housing, agriculture, manufacturing, energy and forest products.
- Figure – Welcome to a new way of borrowing, investing, and making the most of your money.
We have open positions in Reno, San Francisco, and Bozeman where you’ll find a culture based on intellectual honesty, mutual respect, and results.
- Where the jobs are: Montana’s economic landscape, visualized
Just as the landscape directs where we can build homes and businesses, economic geography shapes our lives.
- News and Events for Montana Manufacturers
Excellence through Collaboration
Big Sky Commerce
Montana Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- The Secret is Out – Montana Has Been Discovered
“The story that’s being told both within and beyond Montana’s borders is that it is an exceptional place to grow a business, hire a productive and loyal workforce, and find the wide-open spaces that restore the spirit and inspire greatness in ourselves, our businesses and our communities.” #ChooseMONTANA
Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
Great Falls Development Authority
Idaho News & Events
Funding and Building your Business
Incubators and R&D
Regional Business News
21st Century Education Initiative – “You Should Care…”
Montana Education Excellence
Government News & Events
Missoula Children’s Theatre
Come Home North Dakota
- Infrastructure – Failure to Act (like professionals)
We are not maintaining our infrastructure because we have overbuilt — we’ve built too much infrastructure — and, consequently, we have failed to make productive use of those investments.”
- Ford’s Self-Driving Unit CEO: “At some point before 2021, we have to have no driver.” Here’s Where We’re Taking Autonomous
Sherif Marakby discusses what challenges to autonomous vehicles remain, when self-driving cars will arrive and who the auto giant is partnering with these days.
- Ford Axes its Chariot Shuttles, Proves Mobility Is Hard
A potent reminder that creating a profitable transportation business can be far harder than it seems.
- Report: Public Transit Must Become a City’s Mobility Backbone
Agencies must take the lead in becoming mobility managers to keep up with changing travel options.
- Top 10 Industries Transformed By Self-Driving Cars
…..driverless cars will mean that sex workers will become more independent and more widely distributed as the sex industry goes mobile.
- Walkable Missoula: Pedestrian plan looks to improve connectivity, reduce vehicle traffic
An estimated 6 percent of residents in the Missoula urban area walk or bike to work or school, a figure that places the city well ahead of the state and national average but it’s still less than the stated goal of 18 percent
- Elon Musk is serious about making the Tesla roadster fly
The Tesla CEO informed Twitter followers on Wednesday that he is not joking about using rocket thrusters to get his upcoming Tesla Roadster to fly— or at least hover.
- Udelv partners with Walmart for autonomous deliveries, reveals next-gen van design
The company’s vans have completed over 1,200 deliveries from florists, restaurants, bakeries, auto parts suppliers, and others on public roads in the Bay Area to date.
Cool Stuff That’s Coming
Energy and Climate Change
VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
MATR Newsletter Supporters: