Oregon Career Opportunity – Executive Director for the Business District Association in Portland, OR
APNBA Job Announcement
Title: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt position
Salary range: DOE
The APNBA http://www.apnba.com/ was created in 1985 as an alliance of the 35+ business
district associations (BDAs) in Portland, Oregon. BDA members are the
merchants, property owners, and employees in the commercial districts.
BDAs support and promote their commercial area.
APNBA has just completed a rigorous review with Board, members and
community partners and is clear about its central focus and direction
for the next two years:
• BDA capacity building and organizational development,
• Event marketing and other marketing/publicity for the member BDAs.
APNBA is looking for a dynamic, self-starting leader with a successful
track record of building relationships and partnerships to fulfill our
commitment to implementing the recently approved value proposition
below in a way that is consistent with our values.
By being active in this "trade association," you will increase your
own membership base, run more successful events and programs, and help
to strengthen the entire city’s business community.
The successful Executive Director will accomplish this by:
• Hiring appropriate staff or assistance to help implement our
• Working quickly with the City and the Board to finalize the plan and
• Meeting and developing relationships with all partners
• Developing and implementing the marketing strategy
• Expanding fundraising
• Working irregular hours
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an energized person who
enjoys making connections around the city, building partnerships, and
assisting business district associations.
To accomplish all this, the new Director will need the following
• Tested ability to focus. You must be able to work in an environment
with strongly competing demands on your time while focusing and
leading the board, members, staffand yourself to achieve our strategic
• Experience building and leading strong teams that achieve their
• Diverse communication skills. You must have excellent written and
oral communication skills, be comfortable speaking eloquently and
compellingly to a wide range of groups or individuals.
• Proven thriftiness. You must have shown that you can adhere to a
budget and get extraordinary return from dollars invested in you.
• A passion for achieving measurable outcomes.
• Ability to create, monitor and adhere to budgets, overall fiscal
• Experience working effectively with a board of directors or other
• Ideally a mix of for profit and nonprofit leadership experience.
Application Packet Must Include:
A complete chronological resume.
Names and contact information for 4 references.
A cover letter with answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in working as the Executive Director for
• How well do your skills and background meet the job description
• How did you hear about this position?
• What are your salary requirements?
To apply, submit the above information to: [email protected] with “APNBA”
in the subject title by Friday, May 21st at 5:00 pm. Or by mail to:
TACS, 1001 SE Water St, Suite 490, Portland, OR 97214. Attn: Bob
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.