Montana Career Opportunity - Chief Financial Officer - Northern Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
|March 14, 2017||View for printing|
Northern Telephone is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented individual to join our team as our Chief Financial Officer.
Northern's CFO is responsible for the preparation, maintenance, review, analysis and monitoring of all Cooperative accounting processes and procedures, ledgers and subsidiary ledgers and the preparation and submission of relevant state and federal reports to ensure such activities are in conformance with Company policies, initiatives and procedures as well as all relevant legal, industry, and regulatory mandates.
* Effectively communicate with customers, business contacts and all Company employees in a professional and courteous manner.
* Oversee Company financial activities including but not limited to: banking, investment, cash management, audits, regulatory and non-regulatory reporting, general ledger accounting, taxes, maintaining inventory records, Continuing Property Records, accounts payable, billing/accounts receivable and payroll and benefit program.
* Analyze Company financials and present them to the General Manager and Board.
* Assist with budgeting activities.
* Lead and manage accounting and billing staff.
Skills and Abilities to:
* Manage time effectively and perform work in a safe, effective and an organized manner.
* Establish and maintain a professional work environment while providing appropriate leadership and direction.
* Promote positive morale, creativity and teamwork among staff.
* Think analytically and be a problem solver.
* Work independently and within a team.
* Work from oral and written instructions and make decisions independently and take responsibility for them;
* Handle multiple priorities, work under pressure, and respond quickly to tight deadlines;
* Maintain confidentiality of Company records and business initiatives as required.
* Operate office equipment such as a personal computer (with proficiency in a primarily Windows environment and with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel), copy machines, fax machines and a multi-line telephone system.
Education and Experience:
Applicants must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or preferably a Master's of Business Administration/ CPA, and at least 3-5 years of experience in an accounting or finance position within the telecommunications industry with proficiency in telecommunications accounting and NECA settlements.
Facts about Northern Telephone Cooperative:
* Northern Telephone currently has 13 employees, approximately 1,500 access lines and is headquartered in Sunburst, Montana.
* Northern offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes: paid time off; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement plans; and a relaxed work environment.
* The Cooperative has provided telephone services in North Central Montana since 1954, and is aggressively building fiber to all customer locations.
* Northern is financially sound and debt-free.
* Northern is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
How to Apply:
Please send: 1) Letter of Interest; 2) Current resume with references; and 3) College transcript
No reader comments so far. Be the first to comment by clicking the button below.
Reprinted under the Fair Use doctrine of international copyright law. Full copyright retained by the original publication. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.