“The State with the Best Education Wins!”
“Traffic is the great thief in our life, stealing millions of hours and billions of dollars.” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Today’s MATR Newsletter is sponsored by:
Come Home Montana
- Montana Career Opportunity – CAD Designer/Draftsman – Kampgrounds of America, Inc.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and confident team member who is highly proficient in drafting and mechanical drawing with a high level of knowledge in drafting standards, science, mathematics, and engineering technology.
- Montana Career Opportunities – Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Product Designer, Sales Representative and more….- Submittable
More than degrees or particular skill sets, we’re looking for obsessive, self-motivated people who have done one or two things in their lives that most people would consider exceptional or very interesting.
- Montana Career Opportunities – Data Engineer, QA Analyst, Quote to Cash (Q2C) Solutions Specialist and more… – ATG
You are part of a “small” company making a lot of noise in the Enterprise Quote to Cash space while working with a lot of really cool clients (Atlassian, Concur, Constant Contact, InterCall, Aria, Salesforce).
2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
Montana Economic Development
- Brady Meltzer joins fast-growing Montana startup, Submittable, as Vice President of Sales
“I’m thrilled to be joining a company with a cutting edge culture that is building something meaningful in this special place we call home (Montana). I’m also grateful for the opportunity to work with such a diverse and amazing group of individuals.”
- Under Cognizant, ATG of Missoula sees big year in 2019, “aggressive” job growth
“It’s going to be a big year,” said Stergios. “We’ll be moving about 90 of our employees into the Old Sawmill District in January. We’ve also started advertising for applicants.”
- Montana entrepreneur Jonathan Distad opening Blacksford RV rental at Bozeman airport
Located in Bozeman, Montana, Blacksford is a technology-based, customer-focused RV rental business located exclusively at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport providing the highest quality Winnebago RVs with a unique all-inclusive pricing model that includes unlimited miles, fully stocked vehicles, WiFi via Verizon Connect and more.
- Billings business boomed in 2018
Billings saw a lot of business in 2018, everything from a rush on hotel rooms when the President of the United States visited town, to a local Hutterite colony getting internet for the first time so it could sell steel siding and roofing.
- The Patrolman – After 37 years, Big Sky Resort’s ski patrol director is hanging up his coat and cross
During his first week of work ski patrolling at Montana’s Big Sky Resort in 1982, Bob Dixon was buried in two avalanches. He also saved someone’s life.
- Billings 14-year-old finds quiet business success in 3D printing and wood carving
He has a Facebook page, Riley’s Manufacturing and Design, where he posts his work.
Great Falls Development Authority
Montana West Economic Development
- Montana cities focus on downtown strength
The region’s ongoing transformation reflects the influence of tourist dollars, as well as the impact of seasonal residents, along with people who move here intending to stay and Flathead Valley natives who frequently experience mixed feelings about all the changes wrought by popularity.
Idaho News & Events
Funding and Building your Business
Montana Education Excellence
Government News & Events
North Dakota Business and Economic Development
- Wielding Rocks and Knives, Arizonans Attack Self-Driving Cars
“There’s a growing sense that the giant corporations honing driverless technologies do not have our best interests at heart,” Mr. Rushkoff said. “Just think about the humans inside these vehicles, who are essentially training the artificial intelligence that will replace them.”
- Ohio Eyes New Connected Vehicle Test, One of Several in U.S.
A connected vehicle project in Ohio will join other similar explorations of sensor and related technologies that allow vehicles to interact with each other and infrastructure, in the aim of growing safety and traffic management in a space becoming more crowded with vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Elon Musk asks for Tesla employees to test out Autopilot’s new full self-driving mode
For employees willing to test out the new driving feature, the $8,000 cost will be waived, Musk said in the email. Always the salesman, Musk added, “This is the last time the offer will be made.”
Cool Stuff That’s Coming
Energy and Climate Change
MATR Newsletter Supporters: