Washington State Career Opportunities – 3 vacancies for a Research Center Specialist -SBDC in Bellingham
The SBDC in Bellingham is seeking to fill three (3) vacancies for a Research Center Specialist. Would you please help us get the word out to qualified candidates by emailing this notice to your listserve or by posting it on your website for job opportunities and by forwarding it to anyone you feel would be interested? Thank you so much!
(If you do apply for any of these positions, please mention that you saw them on MATR.net Thank you)
Please apply on line at http://www.acadweb.wwu.edu/hr/employment/index.shtml
Small Business Center – Research Center Specialist (Research Analyst 2)
Recruitment #: 07691
Closing Date Notes: Open until filled.
Job Title: Small Business Center – Research Center Specialist (Research Analyst 2)
Salary: $2,799 – $3,653 per month DOE. Includes an excellent benefits package.
Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Bargaining Union: PTE
About the Position: There are 3 vacancies available. Each specialist will assist statewide Small Business Development Center (SBDC) clients in starting, stabilizing, or growing their businesses by conducting accurate and professional secondary market research and financial analysis, as assigned by the assistant director of the Research Center. Perform ongoing training for research analysts and review their work. The individual in this position must be self-motivated and disciplined, enthusiastic about problem-solving and learning, capable of working with others, attentive to detail and deadlines, and practice efficient time management skills. The successful Research Center Specialist must also have exceptional communication skills and be able to guide other research analysts in effectively interpreting and summarizing research, and applying it to a multitude of real-world, small business situations.
* Conduct secondary market research and financial analysis as senior research analyst and help guide other research analysts (RA) in their projects.
* Offer continuity and consistency of SBDC research services by providing regular training to current and incoming research analysts. (The RAs are WWU students, typically hired for as little as 9 months to a maximum of 2 years.)
* Conduct research into client-specific small business problems or opportunities – primarily using the library system, telephone, internet, and confidential client data files.
* Train RAs in preparing financial statements, cash flow projections, and business valuations using Excel spreadsheets and Profit Mentor software. Additionally, develop, upgrade or refine SBDC analysis tools as needs arise.
* Assist in the review of business plans and pre-venture analysis.
* Perform other tasks and research opportunities, as assigned by the assistant director, based on the needs of particular clients.
* Attend and engage in weekly meetings with the SBDC Assistant Director regarding SBDC research needs and performance.
* Work with SBDC assistant director on special projects (i.e., Native American business feasibility studies and Washington State Parks business plan development.)
Academic Emphasis: N/A
* Bachelor’s degree
* One year related experience or equivalent education/experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including thorough comprehension of formulas and functions, formatting, sorting, and graphing)
* Proficient in Microsoft Word (including use of headers and footers, footnotes, spell and grammar check)
* Proficient in conducting advanced searches on the internet
* Proficient in file management, using Windows Explorer
* MBA or Masters degree in related field
* Moderate financial analysis and/or QuickBooks experienc
* Prior experience in market research
* Experience training and/or mentoring research analysts
About the Department: Small Business Development Center
Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU’s Electonic Applicant System for Employment (EASE). The information you provide in your application should clearly state how you meet the qualificaitons listed above. Please include 3 professional references.
WWU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply. For disability accommodation, call (360) 650-3774 or (360) 650-7696 (TTY). All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S.Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU.
Small Business Development Center
Western Washington University
College of Business and Economics
Have you registered for the Whatcom Business Conference?
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.