NACo Broadband Task Force: High-Speed Internet Is Essential For All Counties
Today, reliable, fast, and affordable high-speed internet is as fundamental as acquiring electricity in the first half of the 20th century.
The NACo Broadband Task Force, as appointed by President Gary Moore of Kentucky, was chartered with the premise that “if you can’t connect… you can’t compete.” It is the equity issue of our hour.
The National Association of Counties (NACo) strengthens America’s counties, serving nearly 40,000 county elected officials and 3.6 million county employees. Founded in 1935, NACo unites county officials to:
- Advocate county priorities in federal policymaking
- Promote exemplary county policies and practices
- Nurture leadership skills and expand knowledge networks
- Optimize county and taxpayer resources and cost savings, and
- Enrich the public’s understanding of county government.