Come Home Oregon – Micro Enterprise Program Manager – Umpqua CDC
Live and work in beautiful Southern Oregon
In the aftermath of the collapse of the timber industry, and in an
economy that struggles with chronically high levels of unemployment,
the MEDAL Program offers low and moderate income community members a
chance to make a new future for themselves and their families by
empowering them with the tools, skills, and resources necessary to
make their entrepreneurial dreams come true. It is a solution to
poverty, one family at a time.
Umpqua CDC http://www.umpquacdc.org/ is currently seeking a new MEDAL Program manager. This is
a full time, salaried position with full benefits, and oversees up to
3 staff members.
The MEDAL Program Manager is charged with design and implementation of
projects and services that:
1) Increase business literacy among low and moderate income
entrepreneurs in Douglas and Coos counties
2) Increase the accessibility of key tools and services to support the
start up or expansion of small businesses
3) ‘Level the playing field’ for local small businesses to compete in
an ever changing business and market environment.
Lead us into the Future.
The MEDAL Program Manager position poses an excellent opportunity for
a leader who is enthusiastic about promoting entrepreneurship, a
commitment to promoting sustainable rural livelihoods, and a passion
for social justice. The organization has all of the necessary
ingredients for growth and success: a timely mission, a 15-year track
record, an excellent reputation, a committed staff, and an active
Join a Great Team. The staff in the MEDAL Program do what they love
and love what they do. They also care about each other; while each
person has a particular role, the staff works together to support the
program as a whole.
Positioned for success.
The MEDAL Program has grown steadily over the last three years, and
proven itself to be an innovator and leader in the field of Micro
Enterprise Development in the State of Oregon.
Let your skills shine.
With this position, you have the opportunity to integrate your unique
skills and interests into a successful program, and take it to the
next level. The program integrates several types of service
provision, covers a variety of different communities and geographies,
and allots ample room for creativity on the part of the service
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversight of all MEDAL Program grant applications, reporting, and
management unless otherwise delegated to program staff.
• Serve as ‘Director’ and staff advisor of the Think Local Umpqua
initiative (an AMIBA affiliate organization). Provide or delegate
initiative support as deemed appropriate.
• Ensure all grant deliverables are completed in a timely and
• Engage in continual program evaluation, and adjust program offerings
to integrate feedback or more effectively meet changing community
• Participate in Umpqua CDC management team, particularly with respect
to coordination and cross program service integration.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience in providing technical assistance to businesses,
organizing workshops and events, fundraising, marketing events and
programs, and program/project management.
• Competency in financial management and performance to budget, and a
demonstrated ability to impart these skills to others.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in economically and culturally diverse
communities and groups.
• Experience in group leadership role with groups of 10 to 200
• Experience in grant writing and development and in program delivery
consistent with grant guidelines.
• Experience in supervision and leadership of 3 to 7 program staff.
• Experience and competence in public presentation and public
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to
Umpqua CDC no later than
April 14th, 2010. The anticipated start date is May 17th.
MEDAL Program Manager Application
c/o Lilian Brislen
605 SE Kane St.
e-mail PDF attachments with subject line PROGRAM MANAGER APPLICATION
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.