Montana Career Opportunity – Executive Director – Lincoln County Port Authority and Kootenai River Development Council
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2021
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Position open until filled with earliest start date of September 20, 2021. Please submit Letter of Interest, Resume, and Job Service Employment Application to: Job Service
Libby, 417 Mineral Ave. Ste 4, Libby, MT 59923 or E-Mail to [email protected]. Job Service Employment Application is available by request (406) 293-6282 OR paste https://wsd.dli.mt.gov/job-seeker/employment-applications into your browser.
Job Description The Executive Director will coordinate and initiate a hands-on deployment of the community/economic development,
business creation/retention efforts and programs in south Lincoln County, Montana
• Overall responsibility for Kootenai River Development Council and Lincoln County Port Authority
• Manage the operations and development of Lincoln County Port Authority’s industrial site, the Kootenai Business
• Coordination of support and programs for business expansion and job creation.
• Organize funding and grant writing activities
• Implement the relevant goals and objectives of Lincoln County’s Comprehensive Economic Development
1. Create a positive image and atmosphere about south Lincoln County and the organization that inspires public
confidence and appropriate transparency. Prepare written, voice and visual presentation for multiple partied,
agencies and media and the general public on economic development issues, programs, services, and
(a) Maintain outside professional contacts to keep informed about the effectiveness of the Corporation, major
activities of other such organizations, and major national economic and industrial developments likely to
impact the corporation and its constituents in the future.
(b) Work closely with locally elected and appointed officials in furthering and facilitating economic development.
(c) Develop and maintain working relationships with state and federal officials and program offices.
(d) Manages and updates content for KRDC and LCPA web sites and Facebook.
2. Attend and participate in a large variety of community/economic activities in order to establish and expand local
networks along with increasing KRDC and LCPA visibility.
3. Maintain and provide current economic data and information on south Lincoln County to members,
community/economic l e a d e r s and inquiring parties.
4. Promotion of Lincoln County and the Kootenai Industrial Park to outside investors and establish list of federal,
state and local incentives.
5. Work with existing and/or new businesses on technical matters such as business planning, marketing and
6. Develop projects in line with the organization’s mission to include the funding development, ongoing
management and grant compliance.
7. Recommend the best course of action for the organization and direct the development of specific plans,
programs, and budgets to meet the goals of the Corporation.
1. Provide analysis of grant/loans/projects with performance liability.
2. Administers the LCPA’s Revolving Loan Fund providing risk and administrative management.
(a) Work with perspective borrowers for documentation requirements. Assist with business plan, financial
statements and projections.
(b) Responsible for assessing the credit worthiness, completion of a loan write-up and Board presentation.
(c) Create all closing loan documents and security filings.
(d) Management of all loan files (credit and legal)
(e) Responsible for loan servicing and any collection efforts
1. Scheduled all Board meetings for both organizations, set agendas with input from the Board, and maintain
appropriate record keeping and minutes. Ensure appropriate management information and operating data is
provided to Board members.
2. Provide CFO like oversight to the organization; ensure overall fiscal responsibility and the safeguarding of assets
with the help of outside contractors for the purpose of internal management, Board, funding partners.
(a) Preparation of the annual budget
(b) Oversight and Preparation for Annual Audit. Oversight of other required annual reports
(c) Oversight of accuracy of the monthly financial statements for LCPA and KRDC, review bookkeepers work
and error check.
(d) Provide instructions for all journal entries/transactions that are non-reoccurring.
3. Maintain appropriate organization of files, information and documents (electronically and paper).
4. Oversight of general office management to include daily mail and bank business.
5. Administer the Kootenai Business Park TEDD (Targeted Economic Development District) according to established
management plan and policy.
6. Administer the Operating and Management Plan and annual inspection responses for the Libby Asbestos Superfund
site and Libby Groundwater Super site.
Necessary Skills and Abilities: Leadership: Ability to supervise staff and programs; to be a strong leader capable of building consensus, strength in
problem solving and forging creative solutions; ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships; and to work
effectively with a Board of Directors.
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both oral and written format; strong public speaking
skills, and ability to communicate the vision for the organization to the community/economic at large, and strength in
conveying complex information, both internally and externally.
Financial Management: Fiscal responsibility and the ability to analyze and present financial information, develop and
manage budgets, supervise accounting functions, submit grant requests and develop progress reports related to the grants
and supervise loan programs.
Business Management: Responsibility for the required day to day operations of the organization. Organizing and
communicating organizational goals, objectives, and priorities including marketing and community/economic
o u t r e a c h .
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in business, planning, community/economic /economic development, public administration,
or related field, o52000r an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience 2. Experience working with local elected officials in a planning or project management capacity preferred.
Demonstrated ability to prepare complex proposals in compliance with guidelines of State of Montana
Community Development Block Grant, Main Street and Treasure State Endowment Programs, federal USDA-
Rural Development funding programs, and other state and federal programs highly desirable. 3. Previous experience in grant writing and grant administration (strongly preferred) 4. Public administration, community/economic development, or community/economic project management
experience 5. A working knowledge of Federal, State, and private foundation grant/loan programs 6. A proficiency in office and computer equipment/software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, virtual
meeting platforms. 7. Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills 8. Ability to balance the priorities and deadlines of multiple projects
Other info you should know:
• This position reports to the Lincoln County Port Authority Board with dotted line to the Kootenai River
• This is a full-time, salaried position with Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, Salary
range is $52,000 – $70,000.
• Eligible for the benefits of health insurance, vacation, and holidays and SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% match
contribution by employer.
• The position is in Libby, MT
• Position open until filled with earliest start date of September 20, 2021.
How To Apply
Please submit Letter of Interest, Resume, and Job Service Employment Application to: Job Service Libby, 417 Mineral Ave. Ste 4, Libby, MT 59923 or E-Mail to [email protected].
https://wsd.dli.mt.gov/job-seeker/employment-applications into your browser.