Come Home South Dakota – Director of Technology Transfer – South Dakota State University
South Dakota State University is strengthening its efforts in research, collaborations with private industry, and university-driven economic development. The university is classified as a Carnegie RU/H Research University (high research activitiy) resulting in strong research and scholarship that creates a flow of new ideas, inventions and breakthroughs. In addition, SDSU will soon open the state’s first academic reseach park, the 125-acre SDSU Innovation Campus. The university is creating a new office of technology transfer and is hiring a director to lead this new office. The Director of Technology Transfer will report to the institution’s Vice President for Research.
The Director of Technology Transfer will be responsible for:
– working with inventors to file invention disclosures and for conducting thorough screening and evaluation of disclosures to determine commercial potential;
– managing the intellectual property protection process;
– marketing intellectual property, negotiating license agreements and overseeing license compliance;
– developing excellent relations with prospective licensees;
– developing training programs for faculty, graduate students and staff on technology transfer, licensing and commercialization processes;
– compliance with appropriate University, South Dakota Board of Regents, and federal government policies and procedures relative to technology transfer and commercialization;
– drafting and reviewing agreements (e.g. research, material transfer, non-disclosure, facility use) to advance research opportunities;
– producing quarterly and annual reports on the performance of the technology transfer and licensing program;
– facilitating collaboration on technology transfer and commercialization with other universities, other research organizations, economic development organizations and state and federal agencies.
– An earned MBA, MS, MA, or PSM degree in an appropriate field.
– Three (3) years of relevant experience in technology transfer, intellectual property marketing, protection and management, licensing, and related areas.
– Demonstrated effective leadership, negotiation, team-building and communication skills, a strong work ethic, and ability to learn as the demands of the position warrants.
– A baccalaureate degree in science or engineering in addition to an earned MS, MA, MBA, PSM or JD degree.
For questions on the position, contact Dr. Gerald W. Warmann at (605) 688-4866 or via email to [email protected].
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.