Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Several states use scholarships to keep their best and brightest close to home. But Wyoming has added a twist: a planned $400 million endowment that will generate an estimated $20 million a year, virtually guaranteeing a steady source of funding for its program.
"I don’t think you can underestimate the importance of good broadband connectivity to the economic development of high-growth companies,"
State Rep. Pete Jorgensen, D-Jackson, questioned using the Wyoming Business Council grant to help "a healthy business venture in the most expensive real estate market in Wyoming," according to his letter to the board.
The Wyoming Retirement Board is developing a plan to allow school teachers and state government employees to collect retirement while continuing to work full time.
The contract is valued between $236 and $280 million dollars.
Forrest Smith, a junior, was pondering ideas two years ago for a Future Farmers of America assignment requiring students to develop a business idea centered on agriculture.
And the prospect of making $22 an hour to start in a place with no state income tax played a big role in his decision to move, Purtell said.
Along with the "Why didn’t I think of that?" gold mines, the world of invention is littered with both horrible ideas and good ideas that didn’t sell.
Wyoming Governor Freudenthal to University of Wyoming board: Start your search for a new president over
The trustees are scheduled to hold a telephone conference call meeting at noon today to consider their course of action in the wake of the withdrawal of two out-of-state finalists for the job.
Three Colorado aerospace firms flying north to Wyoming with their 14 employees for more than $6 million in incentives.
"These are new companies, but you’ve got to start somewhere," said Karen Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the Laramie Economic Development Corp. "We’ve done our homework, and we believe these are the real deal."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts