Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The role of government is rapidly evolving. Building the workforce that will be needed requires new approaches.
Montana – Locate a Disabled Veteran Outreach Program (DVOP) Specialist or Local Veteran Employment Representative (LVER)
The Employment Specialists at Montana’s Job Service offices can assist all Veterans in securing employment and training, as well as refer Veterans to other service providers in both public and private agencies and organizations.
Finding workers can be a mixed bag with young people going back to school and the improving economy changing the dynamic of the work force.
If you’re thinking about you or your child’s future, when it comes to educational requirements, here’s what those surveyed say to expect in three to five years:
"Many private-sector businesses and jobs in our state trace their existence or success to the $200 million worth of competitive research conducted annually on university campuses in Montana. The fact that Siemens PLM Software sees the potential here is a compliment to what we’re accomplishing in Montana."
Experts say the program could serve as a national model for employers needing skilled workers yesterday and many jobless Americans unable to spend two years earning an associate degrees.
Flathead Valley Community College was awarded over $3 million in federal grants last week to help develop and expand training programs in this part of the state, including short-term certificate programs in advanced manufacturing.
Those who fail to earn a high school diploma typically end up at the low end of the economic spectrum, the new report said, and they have only a small chance of breaking out of poverty down the road.
The program will create a centralized, online application system that will give students free access to paid summer internships.
MSU’s Extended University offers several non-credit courses this fall that help working professionals learn business and home office software.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts