Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
World Wide Packets (Spokane) gets $25.5 million in venture capital and gained two new investors, one of them wireless pioneer Craig McCaw.
The company, based near Spokane, is building systems that help phone and cable carriers upgrade their copper-based telecommunications networks to ones that use fiber optics and Ethernet software.
"As an ex dot com entrepreneur, I wonder if the Internet world will ever get away from catchy labels and buzzwords. I cringe at Web 2.0 as it brings back the bad memories of the dot com era."
That lesson and an invitation from Buffett to attend Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting in Omaha, Neb., have stayed with the two and underscores their new venture: creating interactive shopping-mall kiosks.
Venture Capital: A new breed of Internet startups is here. A look at three Seattle-area ‘Web 2.0’ companies
The latest buzzword in the technology industry can be a little tough to define. Interactive Web sites that tap the knowledge of users? Collaborative technologies for small teams? Software delivered over the Internet as a service?
Word on the street is that two Washington state venture capital firms are out looking to raise new funds.
"It (the incubator) saves me from doing the part of the job that I don’t like to do,"
"I felt it was important to provide some accountability" for how the state’s money is spent.
"I’m hearing from headhunters that they can’t fill all the hiring requests they’re getting," said WSA President Kathy Wilcox.
Co-workers live what they teach: E-work – The Center to Bridge the Digital Divide helps people, institutions and communities apply information technologies.
Creating or expanding e-work opportunities can be a new strategy included in economic development plans for rural communities.
"We are taking on a bigger charter, taking the lead in bringing mature technology from the state of Washington to China,"
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts