Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
2005 a ‘big deal’ for Entrepreneurs in Utah. Big venture capital, big mergers, big acquisitions, and big offerings boosted transaction figures
According to the Utah Deal Flow report, venture capital and private equity fundings in 2005 made up 84 deals valued at $417.3 million. The 2005 report included deals not historically categorized as venture capital, such as angel investments, so a comparison to last year’s 85 venture deals valued at $399.4 million may not be valid.
Salt Lake-based Revinetix said Tuesday that private equity fund Grow Utah Ventures has invested an undisclosed amount in the company "and spurred additional investment through Grow Utah’s network of formal and informal angel investors throughout the state."
"The new slogan embodies the heart and soul of our state," Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. said. "It captures the essence of life in America’s greatest state."
"For a small business, the idea of trying to enter a foreign market is pretty overwhelming," "It would be practically impossible for us to make the contacts necessary to begin doing business on our own."
In 2005, Omniture was the state’s leading recipient of venture capital investment, raking in $40 million. The deal was the 10th-largest nationwide, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers.
When Lanny Smith moved his manufacturing business from California to Utah, he enjoyed affordable real estate, talented labor and lower taxes. Thursday he reaped another benefit: recognition.
"That means more jobs for us, and it’s a great technology that not only saves lives but is also able to detonate with minimal collateral damage," said Spanish Fork Mayor Joe Thomas.
In metropolitan Utah, the average advertised wage for job openings surveyed climbed to $12.20 an hour, up from $11.20 an hour a year earlier.
Utah schools, state workers find raises too low. Proposed pay package bears no sign of good economy, critics say
"Every poll has said public education is the priority,"
Jerry Fenn, Qwest president for Utah, said the company put customer call centers in Iowa and South Dakota the past two years and could have placed a third anywhere, particularly anywhere in the company’s 14-state local-service area.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts