Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The U., he said, has "2,000 brilliant, pointy-headed professors, but they’re not businesspeople."
The state has nearly 60,000 technology and life sciences jobs, and the average technology salary is 66 percent higher than the statewide average annual wage for nonagricultural jobs. The IT and life science industries also generate $3.1 billion in annual Utah wages.
Other than being rechristened LANDesk: An Avocent Compay, no changes are anticipated in management or the 524-strong international work force; 275 employees are based in Utah.
"There are glimmers of activity that remind me of the early days of the Internet bubble," Bob Williams, a general partner with Bay Partners in Cupertino, Calif., told AP. "I wouldn’t call it irrational exuberance yet, but I would call it budding enthusiasm."
State economic development officials want to help more in-state companies benefit from financial incentives that historically have been used to lure out-of-state firms to Utah.
Utah trade mission in Mexico is a success. Orders and contracts: At least 3 of the 10 companies that courted the neighbor nation to the south see results in only a few weeks
Bishop attributed much of the success that Chisco experienced to the planning by the state’s trade representatives. They worked for months arranging the face-to-face meetings between the Utah business owners and their counterparts in Mexico.
"Everyone who I met with already had copies of our product brochures. They were familiar with Chisco and what it did, and many were ready to do business," Bishop said.
Staffing and recruiting companies say a number of employers are raising wages in Utah to levels found in other western states – including California.
Kennecott Utah Copper Corp., a multinational mining company, plans a new megasuburb twice the size of San Francisco, for a half-million residents.
"We see a lot of business owners that just get scared,"
Grow Utah Ventures gives back. Founder Hall’s ‘mission in life’ is helping local entrepreneurs succeed
"Grow Utah Ventures’ goal is to be the most powerful private entity for economic development," Hall said. "We’ve got the governor and counties and cities doing what they do, but there’s no reason why private people can’t try and marshal their resources to get some things done."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts