Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"That’s a 15-to-1 return on investment," Syrett said. "For every dollar the state of Utah put into it, it received $15 back. It’s incredible."
Utah braces for aging boomers. Looking toward 2030: The governor directs agencies to prepare for the challenges of an older population
By 2050, one in five Utah residents will be age 60 or older. Last year, only about one in 10 Utah residents was age 60 or older. Baby boomers are those born from 1946 to 1964.
MediConnect Inc. on Tuesday announced a $15 million funding round from private investors, the addition of prominent people to its board of directors and the closing of the acquisition of another medical record retrieval company.
‘‘The biggest question a lot of people have is, how did a Mexican food place get in Ogden, Utah?’’ said Steven M. Krolak, vice president of franchise development.
But the answer is simple.
‘‘Well, this is our hometown,’’ Krolak said. ‘‘This is where we live.’’
Utah proves magnet for venture capital. Edge: A business-friendly stance is cited as a factor giving the state an advantage
Mark Heesen, President of the National Venture Capital Association, praised the Legislature’s pro-business stance – especially its recent creation of a $100 million "Fund of Funds" designed to attract both dollars and venture capital firms to Utah.
World Trade Center Utah CEO named. Lew Cramer will help local businesses broaden international connections
"There is, I think, a time and a place for all communities to really begin to take globalization seriously," Huntsman said. "Through today’s announcement, it is proof positive that we are in fact reaching out to find the best and the brightest to run our globalization and international trade efforts."
Utah Governor appoints entrepreneur as first Utah Science Technology and Research chairman. Economic growth initiative under way
USTAR was created by lawmakers earlier this year as a government, education and business partnership with the goal of bringing $4.9 billion in new research funding and more than 123,000 high-tech jobs into Utah over the next 30 years.
Utah has offered Allegheny Technologies Inc. as much as $3.25 million in an incentive to persuade the Pittsburgh, Pa., metals manufacturer to expand in Tooele County.
"In most of rural Utah, you don’t have a shortage of jobs. You have a shortage of people. If you look at (Department of) Workforce Services statistics, there are hundreds of jobs that they have a difficult time filling. … The crisis right now is finding people who have skills in terms (of jobs) that are already there.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development Board approved three financial incentives on Friday, including: Full Story: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635208926,00.html
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts