Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The primary goal of the program is to develop
technologies with commercial potential in order to boost economic
development within the state of Utah through the creation of new
companies and enhancement of business opportunities for existing
"We see a great opportunity for us to grow local businesses, and it doesn’t take a lot in rural Utah to create a meaningful job or a meaningful opportunity for them. This will give us the opportunity to really take care of that."
In just three years, Suh’dutsing Technologies has risen from a struggling startup to an American Indian success story – and more.
he luxury accommodations are putting Park City ahead of Aspen and Sun Valley in resort real estate sales and will increase one southern Utah county’s assessed property values by 20 percent.
"Utah really has a surprisingly rich heritage in video game development," he said Wednesday. "That goes back to the time of WordPerfect, Novell and Evans & Sutherland, when a lot of sharp, technical people got into games and spawned a pretty healthy, deep bench of talent."
How deep is that animation pool? Fall Line expects to hire 99 percent of its staff of 60 locally. So far, no Disney employees have had to relocate to Utah from California except one.
"This is a program with a history of producing companies and having an important impact on the state’s economy," said Jan E. Crispin, who wrote the review for the University of Utah’s Bureau of Economic and Business Research. "And yet the state continues to fund it on, what I think, are these low levels."
The winner of the Utah company’s free-to-enter "Deathmatch" competition will get a check for $10,000, says Berkeley Data spokesman Devin Knighton.
"We’ve got a good mix of start-up, seed, expansion and late-growth investments," Strain said. "It’s a good sign for all of the businesses here in Utah that it’s not just software and Internet that’s dominating the VC market."
These influences have helped give the state a reputation of being warm and welcoming to immigrants.
Chamber’s SLC vision: Trails, rails and culture. Vibrant downtown sections, fluid travel are main goals
"[In] cities that are successful, one of the common threads is they have a unified vision that transcends political administrations,"
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts