Utah Business and Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Housing as many as 25 employees of Grow Utah-funded companies, E STATION will be a vibrant office locale, offering not only high-speed networks and other technological tools of the trade, but more importantly, said Hall, "close access to the secret sauce."
Call center operators are expanding along the Wasatch Front, adding jobs that in some cases pay much more than the entry-level positions that traditionally have dominated the industry.
"We are not nearly as aggressive as the states that are close around us, and when a company is looking to come to a state, they’re getting much larger incentive packages (elsewhere)," said Michael Nelson, director of corporate recruitment for the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. "Now, we have a great state, and a lot of times, it is our work force and other benefits that attract these companies, and they are coming to the state, but it’s something we have to look at and something we have to encourage."
Speed-Dating and Venture Funding Collide at Speedpitching Luncheon; 10 Entrepreneurs to Pitch to Dozens of Utah Investors During One-Hour, Speed-Dating Styled Luncheon.
"The speedpitching luncheon will benefit busy investors and entrepreneurs alike,"
Cities that made the list, Conley said, "tell you that it is an attractive place for people in a creative class to live."
Film industry ditching Utah for other states – Lack of incentives costs Utah film industry’s economic boost
Those lawmakers concurred that a $1 million incentive program approved last session was helpful, but still inadequate to keep Utah competitive with other states for film business.
Utah urged to boost filmmaking incentives – Skimpy fund costing state millions, officials tell panel
Von der Esch said for every $1 incentive given to a film production, the state captures $6 back in taxes, yet the limited dollars prevented the film commission from going after bigger productions.
Jake Garn, a former U.S. senator from Utah who flew aboard the space shuttle Discovery in 1984, said he is "amazed at how uninformed the people of Utah are, that how many people do not know every solid rocket motor for every shuttle flight was manufactured here in Utah? What sandhill have they had their heads stuck in?"
Utah University and Utah State University set $$ sights high Business, education teaming up to ask Legislature for the funds to pump up the number of technology businesses in Utah
"The business community came to the universities and said, ‘We would like to pump up the number of technology businesses in Utah,’ " Brittain said. "They’re calling on the research universities to hire these teams to create the technologies."
A possible life science angel network would bring together potential investors and life sciences companies, network supporter Andrew Laver told the commission. Both angel investors and companies exist, "but there’s no formal infrastructure on how they can meet," he said.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts