University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
New name (Montana State University Innovation Campus) , first director (Teresa McKnight) carrying Montana State University research park into new year
"We’re a team now: the city, the university, the state of Montana. We’re all working together on this project to push it forward," McKnight said.
"Our goal will be to tap into Blue Marble’s carbon dioxide waste stream and then turn that CO2 into algal biomass," Blank said. "We will then work together to harvest commercial products from that biomass."
With unemployment affecting 9 percent of Americans and politicians of both parties talking constantly about the need for jobs, an important but neglected directive in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 is finally getting the attention it deserves.
Universities filed more patents, created more startups, and licensed more technologies in fiscal year 2010 than in prior years, according to a survey conducted by the Association of University Technology Managers.
"We need to incentivize scientists. How do we get them to understand the value of equity?" Scherl said. "Teaching entrepreneurship to scientists is critical."
One of the problems with technology research at N.J. universities, many believe, is that not enough attention is paid to transferring the tech developed here to the private sector.
"The only net generator of new jobs in the last 30 years has been start-up companies less than 5 years old …
And our research Institutions should be driving this"
Intel may be the latest, but it’s not the first big tech company to prefer to sidestep university intellectual property (IP) clauses involving the negotiation of patent rights.
The legislation, which the House of Representatives approved overwhelmingly in March, "will enable U.S. inventors at universities and elsewhere to compete more effectively in the global marketplace."
University launches 23 companies, collects 233 invention disclosures, signs 81 licenses and engages over 2,400 students in fiscal year 2011
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts