Universities and Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
When James Jiambalvo teaches students at the University of Washington Business School, he talks a lot about the importance of information — how to gather it, how to make sure it’s accurate, and especially how to use it to make sound business decisions.
MATR is always looking for outstanding examples of successful economic development efforts from other states and countries. The UW Business Wire is an excellent publication that has contributed much to the success of the Wisconsin university system’s impact on the state’s economy. Great articles and excellent examples of programs that work. I recommend it to anyone involved or interested in this area.
Now It’s Time To Get Your Hands Dirty – Wildcatter Jeff Sandefer has created a radically different M.B.A. program. To pass, you have to complete real-life assignments.
Long before The Apprentice there was Sandefer’s idea to give M.B.A. candidates real-life experiences to help them start their own businesses or run somebody else’s.
Taking Care of e-Business – How the e-Business Consortium at UW-Madison gives companies a competitive advantage.
"We’re here to sell products, grow our company and provide jobs to people," Kolz says. "But we also believe that as good corporate citizens, companies like ours can provide students with tremendous opportunities to learn and grow professionally through our involvement with the consortium."
Our Goal: The development of a team of community
college faculty, Extension educators
and the broad-based civic leaders
working in partnership to address the
long-term needs of people and places in
"When you have a university thinking consistently about the economy, it really sets our region apart from other parts of the state,"
New Creative Economy Incubator Launched at Enterprise Center at Salem State – Half of all businesses in North Shore incubator and growth center now belong to Creative Economy
“By spotlighting this new section of our incubator, we both highlight our region’s commitment to growing the creative economy and provide a special focus and networking opportunity for the businesses within the Enterprise Center.”
"We think a high-performing metropolitan area needs the university to take a leadership role. We want to link the intellectual capital of the university to the community’s economic development forces."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts