STARS Montana Early Education Program
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Gov. Bullock’s staff has said the state can bring (optional) free school for four-year-olds without raising taxes. They have suggested the state would leverage existing pre-kindergarten entities, as opposed to creating a major new state system from the ground up.
Montana is taking baby steps toward the possibility of universal prekindergarten programming after Gov. Steve Bullock and state Superintendent of Public Instruction Denise Juneau introduced a new teacher endorsement Thursday.
"Montana children deserve every opportunity to succeed, that begins with ensuring that they come to kindergarten ready to learn,"
A new study finds a link between how much families spend on housing and children’s intellectual ability.
Montana governor Steve Bullock discuss the universal pre-kindergarten proposal.
With the increased recognition that an important part of brain development occurs within the first three years of a child’s life, and that reading to children enhances vocabulary and other important communication skills, the group, which represents 62,000 pediatricians across the country, is asking its members to become powerful advocates for reading aloud, every time a baby visits the doctor.
Editorial: Montana lawmakers urged to do right thing and fund universal preschool for our state’s children
Even the most frugal legislators should be willing to set politics aside and do what’s right for our children, our schools and our state.
This is an issue that is subverting a lot of the traditional left and right, democrat and republican divides."
This isn’t just a social issue; this isn’t just an educational issue; this is fundamentally an economic issue.
Unfortunately, the Montana business community has been noticeably missing from the growing discussion on early education.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts