Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"It is said that as a somewhat deflated George Armstrong Custer lay bleeding in the Montana dirt at Little Big Horn, he turned his glazed and dimming eyes east and said, ‘At least we don’t have to go back through South Dakota.’ "
Once again, it is time to renovate the landscape and invest in individuals’ dreams for change. Dakota Rising http://sdrei.org/dakotarising/index.php , an exciting new rural entrepreneur fellowship program, sets the foundation for making those visions possible.
When considering Sioux Falls to be the major hub of its region (the most proximate major cities are Omaha and Minneapolis, both over 150 miles away) it’s no wonder that many people are flocking there to be a part of its thriving economy that can’t be found for miles.
"I don’t know if it’s business entrepreneurship or survival."
South Dakota now has a brain gain.
"I believe the mayor’s job is to help lead the charge. That’s what I’m going to do."
"bringing commuters closer to their jobs can help Californians drive 3.7 trillion fewer miles and save 140 billion gallons of gasoline by 2050."
Roslyn, South Dakota uses ‘Sour Power’ to draw people in. – International Vinegar Museum and Festival
By 1989, Diggs was looking for a quiet place to do some research and write. He stumbled onto Roslyn, initially thinking it would be his getaway. But he quickly made the town his home base and has never looked back.
"I came here and the people were so nice to me here, that I thought, ‘You know, it’s quiet here. Why do I have to go back to San Francisco?"’ he recalled.
South Dakota 20 years behind in education, development efforts – Research investment may boost high-wage jobs
The state is 49th in receiving federal research dollars and has one of the nation’s lowest percentages of people with advanced degrees.
The qualities of an entrepreneur include taking calculated risks and being willing to put skin in the game. By those measures of entrepreneurial spirit, South Dakota Rural Enterprise certainly earned its entrepreneurial stripes in 2009.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts