Regional Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
In Washington — unlike in Idaho and 46 other states — the state constitution prohibits giving state money to private ventures. Economic development officials, particularly in border cities like Spokane and Vancouver, say that hamstrings their efforts to attract new businesses or retain those that are expanding.
Investors put $115.6 million into 17 Colorado companies in the fourth quarter of 2002 – a huge increase over the $47.3 million raised in the previous quarter. By Jennifer Beauprez Denver Post Business Writer But…
In 2002, the downtown-focused Association for Portland Progress and the Portland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce merged to form the Portland Business Alliance.
"They are considered a model merger, and they are being carefully monitored" by other groups as well, Peterson said.
The main outcome of the first phase of PAXIS is a body of proven good practice in supporting innovative start-ups, according to an evaluation report of the pilot phase. " In a knowledge-driven society, any…
"With fewer people than Washington, D.C., Wyoming is the least populous state in the country. Montana is ranked 44th. What both states lack in people, they make up for in natural resources, and for now, the gas, oil, coal and timber industries are keeping them economically buoyant and relatively insulated from troubles affecting other regions.
How long that continues is a function of efforts in Montana and Wyoming to diversify their economies. Growth may hinge on whether state leaders can attract a wider array of companies offering higher paying jobs to keep more high school and college graduates in state jobs and wean the states off a dependency on revenues from oil."
Overcrowded cities on the coasts. Dying rural communities in the interior. The way to save both may be to create a post-agrarian heartland by Michael Lind The Atlantic Monthly ************************** (Many thanks to Al Jones…
"Now, with Internet companies and telecommuters, working from home has become an ideal. And with America’s shift from an industrial economy to a service-based economy, it’s important to encourage entrepreneurship of all kinds, Lewis says.
"You have to allow them to do that, or you will kill your community," Lewis said. "Where are you going to get your entrepreneurs? Are you going to import them? The new world says you’ve got to grow your own."
Canada may open a consulate general in Denver this year to promote trade with Colorado, already worth $2 billion a year. Denver is in the "top tier" of cities being considered for a new consulate…
"It’s one of our most effective recruitment tools, especially in a down economy," Gov. Dirk Kempthorne said Wednesday. "Training new workers can be a major up-front cost to companies. If we can help them with that, it’s a real savings."
On Tuesday, Idaho Secretary of State Ben Ysursa informed Secretary of State Bob Brown that the State of Idaho has agreed to end the practice of excluding Montana businesses from bidding on Idaho timber sales….
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts