Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The report, according to a release from the Governor’s Office, shows Oregon is making strong progress in terms of economic growth, public safety and livable communities, while challenges remain in other areas, including education, civic engagement, social support and the environment based on established state goals.
The fountain of new companies, jobs and tax revenue that was supposed to flow from taxpayers’ investment has not materialized as rapidly as envisioned. And OHSU’s new president, Joseph Robertson, acknowledges that the university’s projections were "optimistic" and "exuberant."
Portland and Oregon have a culture that is hospitable to new ideas for sustainable industry and clean energy. But the challenge for the state’s startups has always been access to capital.
That’s why it was so important to create some kind of vehicle for creating more "informed capital," said Zenger.
Few tall pines sprout in Oregon’s Silicon Forest, but the state turns out to be pretty good at nurturing transplants.
Can Oregon, Metro and Portland learn from the rest of the nation in their new planning efforts: Regulation and policy, alone, do not produce development.
Four years after the Legislature pushed the state-run pension fund to plow $100 million into Oregon-based business startups, only $7 million has found its way into businesses and just a fraction of that into businesses in Oregon.
As towns such as Missoula, Montana, and Sun Valley, Idaho, have also found, trees are more valuable standing than chopped down for lumber, says Nina Chambers, a researcher with a think-tank called the Sonoran Institute.
Up to 800 workers will be laid off by March 30, and the company will scale back operations from two shifts to one. The plant has 1,700 employees.
Funding lines up for sustainable tech research center. Oregon Bio-Economy and Sustainable Technologies (Oregon BEST)
Practical applications – The center will draw on researchers at all seven state university campuses
The Oregon Innovation Council (Oregon InC), which spent a year reviewing how best to expand the state’s economy by leveraging industry-supported initiatives with public investments, may get to see the toils of its labor come to fruition.
- Come Home Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- Montana Department of Commerce
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts