Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
A steady drumbeat of cutbacks in Oregon’s high-tech sector has reduced the number of technology jobs in the state to its lowest point in nearly three years.
The ORC began in frustration. Rural Oregonians have long felt what some term the "tyranny of the majority" in a geographically large state that has a majority of its population packed into just three counties. More recently, rural Oregon have had concrete reasons to feel, well, dissed.
The first Gorge Angel Conference on Sept. 23 will showcase local startups competing for $100,000 in seed money.
What does it take for a rural place to be economically vibrant?
"Some amazingly innovative work is coming out of Oregon State, and this venture funding, provided by the citizens of Oregon, will help translate new knowledge into viable business ventures," said John Cassady, OSU vice president for research. "This is just the beginning. As more people give to the venture fund, additional awards can be made, spurring more innovations like these."
Seattle venture capital firm puts money on Oregon. Voyager Capital plans to invest in at least two state companies a year
"We think there is a real gap in the marketplace, here in Portland and in Oregon in general."
"There’s a tremendous opportunity in this region for green technology."
While not as strong as a banner VC haul during the first half of 2007, the $130 million that Oregon companies raised in the first part of the year is very healthy by the state’s historical standards.
Scandinavia: Vision of Portland’s future? Portland ambassadors find transportation and sustainability inspiration while on a weeklong tour
“This whole trip was leaning more toward policy development than just meeting with businesses,” Mangan said, adding that Scandinavia can be viewed as a template for what the city aspires to be.
Beginning with the class of 2012, students must meet state standards in reading, math, writing and speech to graduate
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts