Oregon Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Portland Ambassadors host business leaders on a "best practices" trip to Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
The Portland Ambassadors’ first European Best Practices visit is the latest in a series of trips to top-rated, forward-thinking cities.
Greenlight Greater Portland – Study identifies the Portland-area industries to retain and the ones to recruit.
The analysis is taking a more detailed look at occupations. This step is important, because regions are competing increasingly on the "basket of skills" they produce.
Once the new fund is completed, the overall $108 million worth of investments will mark about a 25 percent increase from the end of 2006.
Portland city officials are warming up to the idea that jobs are key to sustainable cities, and have proposed a plan to try to lure sustainable businesses to the city.
For startups, Portland area getting better. More programs are offering funds, advice to help new companies get off the ground
"We have a lot of potential, but without some successes we are just not going to attract venture capital money."
The Oregon Employment Department has estimated that the size of what it calls the apparel and sporting goods cluster will grow almost 13 percent to 21,500 jobs statewide by 2012.
The Oregon Angel Fund is a new venture designed to educate novice angel investors while placing much-needed seed funding in the bank accounts of local startups.
“I believe that to meet the challenges we face today it is essential to engage businesses, government, non-profit organizations and citizens in collective action. Oregon Solutions creates the place to come together and provides the means to reach community agreements that connect Oregonians in solving these challenges, in communities across the state.”
– Theodore R. Kulongoski
Governor, State of Oregon
Chair, Oregon Solutions Network
A region that attracts highly skilled technology workers located within a state that rewards companies that adopt environmental initiatives, were two of the primary reasons Germany-based SolarWorld Group selected Hillsboro, Ore., as the location for its newest manufacturing plant.
County is better risk to venture capitalists. New businesses – Portland and Multnomah County officials repeal taxes to try to attract more venture funds
Robert Ward, managing director of Capybara Ventures, said the tax has driven several venture capital firms to move from the county to Beaverton or other nearby cities. "It’s a huge deal," said Ward, whose fund is rare in being based in Portland. Ward said he’s spoken with at least one firm that is considering moving back to Portland with the tax change, though he declined to say which one.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts