Oregon Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Planners and politicians are calling for a revival of Oregon’s "Big Look" — a broad effort to refresh the state’s urban growth and land use planning policies.
Lokey, who was born and raised in Portland but never attended UO, has given a total of $132 million to the university in the past four years. He said in an interview that giving to UO is his way of giving back to his home state.
“This tax credit is one of a kind,” Oregon State Treasurer Randall Edwards said. “No other state has a program where donors can receive such a generous tax credit in return for helping move research from lab to market,”
Portlanders want to preserve the city’s progressive spirit and its caring, healthy, laid-back, environmentally conscious uniqueness. They also want to make sure all residents can share its prosperity.
Portland is trying to align its economic development strategies around sustainability. So, not surprisiingly, a privately-led recruitment effort is focused on a handful of clusters: renewable energy, green-building technology, recycling technology and environmental practices sectors.
"It puts us on the right track, and it gives the campus hope that higher education may become more of a priority in this state."
The fact that so many of the firms investing Oregon’s money are based outside the state is inconsistent with the original mission, said David Garten, CEO of Eugene’s SeQuential Biofuels LLC. "Prudent investment of pension funds and targeted, local economic development don’t mix." Harold Bradley, chief investment officer at the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation of Kansas City, Mo.
Oregon lawmakers have agreed to fund nearly all of Gov. Ted Kulongoski’s innovation proposals, including investments in seven new industry initiatives and the creation of two new signature research centers.
Throughout the course of human history, people
have found new ways to meet their needs by
inventing, applying and trading new technologies.
But recent advances in telecommunication
technologies—including the internet—along
with the global shift toward open, market-based
economies have made innovation “the single most
important ingredient in any modern economy.”
The company cited Oregon’s efforts to nurture renewable sources of energy.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts