Oregon Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Throughout the course of human history, people
have found new ways to meet their needs by
inventing, applying and trading new technologies.
But recent advances in telecommunication
technologies—including the internet—along
with the global shift toward open, market-based
economies have made innovation “the single most
important ingredient in any modern economy.”
The company cited Oregon’s efforts to nurture renewable sources of energy.
For the first time in the three decades since Intel came to Oregon, significant numbers of the chip maker’s alumni seem similarly inclined. Some, like Muray, are starting their own companies. Others are taking skills learned at Intel to established Oregon tech businesses, refreshing a high-tech economy that has been stagnant since the dot-com bust.
The report, according to a release from the Governor’s Office, shows Oregon is making strong progress in terms of economic growth, public safety and livable communities, while challenges remain in other areas, including education, civic engagement, social support and the environment based on established state goals.
The fountain of new companies, jobs and tax revenue that was supposed to flow from taxpayers’ investment has not materialized as rapidly as envisioned. And OHSU’s new president, Joseph Robertson, acknowledges that the university’s projections were "optimistic" and "exuberant."
Few tall pines sprout in Oregon’s Silicon Forest, but the state turns out to be pretty good at nurturing transplants.
Can Oregon, Metro and Portland learn from the rest of the nation in their new planning efforts: Regulation and policy, alone, do not produce development.
As towns such as Missoula, Montana, and Sun Valley, Idaho, have also found, trees are more valuable standing than chopped down for lumber, says Nina Chambers, a researcher with a think-tank called the Sonoran Institute.
Funding lines up for sustainable tech research center. Oregon Bio-Economy and Sustainable Technologies (Oregon BEST)
Practical applications – The center will draw on researchers at all seven state university campuses
The Oregon Innovation Council (Oregon InC), which spent a year reviewing how best to expand the state’s economy by leveraging industry-supported initiatives with public investments, may get to see the toils of its labor come to fruition.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts