Oregon Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"When we’ve got money to invest and people and talent, we should invest in that here," said Harvey Mathews, president of the Software Association of Oregon, which is helping organize tonight’s gathering.
DesignMedix Inc. snared a $150,000 investment and WeoGeo won $80,000. Both are located in the Portland State Business Accelerator in Southwest Portland.
Vancouver could become a wind energy training hub, eventually graduating 500 technicians from the newly created Northwest Renewable Energy Institute, under plans a local education entrepreneur announced Wednesday.
"The world has changed, banks are tightening down and micro loans are becoming a real option for people," said Mark Green, a principal with the Family Business Consulting Group in Salem. "People need money and will do what they have to get it."
Two winners, selected by angel investors backing the event, will receive investments of $150,000 and $75,000.
"We give lip service to the economy here," admits Klapper, a longtime Portland entrepreneur and a former official with the Port of Portland. "But, really, business is not a priority here."
Portland is one huge R&D shop. Which is great for innovation. But not always as good for revenue-generating business.
"Other cities are connecting with visitors through Twitter," explained Martin Stoll, CEO of GoSeeTell Network, the company that created Portland’s Twisitor Center concept. "But Portland is the first city to set up a virtual visitor center to which people can direct travel questions just by adding a simple tag to their tweets [messages]."
‘Green’ state is working on plan for public charging stations; Nissan will debut its electric vehicles here.
Oregon startups brought in $186.6 million last year, according to VentureSource, down 11 percent from 2007’s $209.8 million.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts