Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"I’m happy to pay taxes," said the executive, who asked that neither he nor his business be identified. "But the Oregon system is broken, and I know there are a lot of other businesspeople who feel like I do, that it doesn’t make sense to stay."
Travel Portland, the nonprofit organization that markets the city, is making headlines for once again offering tourists $50 in cash when they book a room at participating Portland-area hotels.
An electrical current in the blade triggers a brake when it comes into contact with a body part.
Investors at the annual Angel Oregon conference picked two winners this afternoon:
Pacific Power is seeking a 20 percent increase in electricity rates starting next January to cover major investments in transmission and generation as well as forecasted higher power costs next year, according to filings with the Oregon Public Utility Commission.
Oregon’s struggles at nurturing startups are well-known and well-documented. Entrepreneurs complain they can’t find enough talented executives here, or enough financial backing, and so they go elsewhere.
"We’re still learning all of the details, but it’s very humbling to be part of a company that cares this much about its employees."
Oregon voters approved two special tax measures Tuesday designed to close a $733 million state budget gap.
Because Portlanders are happy with their city, why change?
I’ve been asking tech industry execs about the issue for the past six months and have heard a consistent refrain: Whatever their opinions about these individual measures, they’d like to see broad reform in Oregon’s fiscal policy, taxes and education system.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts