Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Oregon’s traded-industry sectors — natural resources, high-tech, manufacturing, creative services and green technologies — act as key indicators for the state’s economic performance. Here’s a snapshot of how some are doing and their ideas for weathering the recession.
Oregon’s top business leaders are weighing in on one of the state’s touchiest tax issues: recommending that the state divert at least some of the popular kicker tax rebates into a rainy day fund to help protect schools from budget cuts.
Intel’s latest chip technology was largely created at the company’s Hillsboro research factory, known as D1D, where about 600 engineers worked to build the chip on a scale many times narrower than a human hair. Intel is Oregon’s largest private employer, with about 15,000 workers in Washington County.
Venture firms outside Oregon have shown fresh interest in the state lately. Seattle-based Madrona Venture Group and Voyager Capital each stationed new representatives in Portland this year.
We look forward to seeing more cities score higher, and we expect an increasing pace of innovation adoption across the board.
A steady drumbeat of cutbacks in Oregon’s high-tech sector has reduced the number of technology jobs in the state to its lowest point in nearly three years.
While not as strong as a banner VC haul during the first half of 2007, the $130 million that Oregon companies raised in the first part of the year is very healthy by the state’s historical standards.
In addition to making photovoltaic cells, SpectraWatt also will focus on improving current manufacturing processes to reduce the cost of photovoltaic energy generation.
Web access – It was a rocky road to the city’s partial system, and disputes with MetroFi Inc. could scuttle the project
Two local transportation advocates shed light on the plans and policies that have made Portland, Oregon the bicycle capital of the U.S.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts