North Dakota Business and Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
“Those are the kinds of results we were hoping to achieve and we want to continue to achieve,” Gov. John Hoeven said of the Centers of Excellence program.
"That 100 dollars basically says you are gonig to be in the movie as an individual, you are going to be in the movie as a business, you are going to be in the movie as a town. So that is bascially how we are financing the movie. In hope that these businesses, towns and people are going to see that we are trying to add value to North Dakota through a good North Dakota movie."
| Subscribe to stories like this North Dakota State University President Joseph Chapman resigns, saying ‘It just isn’t fun’
"Given all the stuff that is going on, for the institution and especially for the students, the people who really matter in all this, it’s just time to do something else." North Dakota State University President Joseph Chapman
As an example of its potential, just one acre of algae produces between 5,000 and 15,000 gallons of fuel, compared to only 50 gallons from 1 acre of soybeans.
North Dakota, a Place to Go for Employment – a total of more than 9,000 openings in the public and private sectors.
Just a few years ago, North Dakota’s unemployment rate was so low that officials traveled to other states, trying to convince people to move there. Now officials don’t have to do that; the economy is doing it for them.
The Minot City Council is considering a loan to a Minneapolis company that may help lure 100 jobs in the next two years to this city.
North Dakota delegation extends investment in nanoscience at the North Dakota State College of Science
“We have to have the research and skilled workers necessary to build up our cutting-edge technology industries. This center will help attract businesses to the state and give students career opportunities in an exciting field that is growing here in North Dakota. It helps keep our best and brightest here at home, and helps North Dakota schools become an example of teaching methods across the country.”
"The future really requires that we find the technology that will allow us to sequester carbon," Senator Conrad said. "We simply must reduce the carbon levels being emitted, and the question is, how do we do that in a cost-effective way … This $100 million will hopefully go a long way toward helping to answer that question."
North Dakota Enacts First Shareholder Friendly Corporation Law – Carl Icahn company, American Railcar Industries Inc., setting up corporate residence in North Dakota
The new law provides
a governance structure for publicly traded corporations that gives
shareholders greater rights than they currently have under other state
California has the Golden Gate Bridge, New York has the Empire State Building, Illinois has the Magnificent Mile. And North Dakota? It has a hefty budget surplus those states would envy.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts