Next Generation Broadband in Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"We felt like the time is now to bring on a consultant and really get a professional assessment on what we have, what the demand is and what the potential partnerships are."
This collaboration also enhances the future prospects for beneficial economic development in the Flathead.
While corporate investment in national broadband infrastructure has increased the quality of service for affluent urban populations over the past decade, the expansion of service to disadvantaged communities has been left to the public sector. Local communities across the country are using new, innovative approaches to address the issue.
Council members need to hear from you about why your business needs extreme broadband.
The reactions of established service providers are proving the company’s point–that there’s not enough competition in the telecommunications industry.
"The whole point of the program is to lure businesses here that would never have otherwise considered Kansas City," Barreth said. "And it’s a way that I’m hoping to put Kansas City on the map and really help people move here to exploit Google Fiber."
The project, called Montana West, utilizes the "Broadband Technology Opportunity Program" to build fiber optic cable from Polson south along Highway 93 into Missoula to the major data communications facility in Western Montana, the iConnect Montana "fiber hotel" at Higgins and Broadway.
Commissioners said they have a responsibility to provide direction for future broadband projects in the state and said the PSC survey is an opportunity for all Montanans to weigh in.
Residents of Provo will soon be among the most technologically connected people in the country with a chance for free Internet service at the fastest speeds in the country.
The question of who will install fiber-optic networks and who will control them is key because it could impact decades of economic growth. Telecom giants like AT&T think they should be the only player.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts