MSU Leadership Institute & UM Global Leadership Initiative
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
MSU Student Leadership Forum "Emotional Intelligence – Leading From The Heart", 2/2, Montana State University, Bozeman
The presentation will focus on the fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence, based on the work of Daniel Goleman, and the importance of leading from the heart as well as the head – recognizing that good leadership embodies more than aggression and strategy.
The Leadership Fellows Certificate Program is a collaboration between the Associated Students of MSU, the MSU Leadership Institute and University College. The program came out of a request by students for more leadership education, according to Carmen McSpadden, director of the MSU Leadership Fellows Program.
68 per cent of managers surveyed confessed to being ‘accidental’ managers, not aspiring to occupy management roles at the start of their careers. Two in five admitted to not wanting the responsibility of managing people at all, while 63 per cent of managers say they had no management training. Only 28 per cent of managers hold any type of formal management qualification.
MSU Leadership Institute – Ambassador Peter Galbraith “Afghanistan – A War Of Necessity Or A Quagmire”, 11/9, Bozeman
President Hamid Karzai has agreed to a run-off vote to be held on November 7th – terrific timing to hear from Ambassador Galbraith!
New York Times journalist Nicholas Kristof calls on Americans to act at Montana State University Leadership Institute Event – He inspires MSU students to save the world
What brought his attention to the plight of women and girls, he said, was realizing that while about 500 Tiananmen students were killed, just as many infant girls die in China each week — 39,000 a year — from neglect and lack of medical care because they are girls.
Montana State University student leaders surprise retiring President, Geoff Gamble with scholarship award in his name
"President Gamble has had a tremendous impact on student leadership development at MSU, and this scholarship recognizes that," said Carmen McSpadden, director of the MSU Leadership Institute. "He is such a student-centered leader."
Two Time Pulitzer Prize-winner And Humanitarian, Nicholas Kristof, 10/12, Montana State University , Bozeman
Considered more than just a two time Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for The New York Times and credited with almost single-handedly bringing the Darfur genocide crisis to the world’s attention, Nicholas Kristof will speak at MSU on Monday, October 12 at 7:30 p.m. in MSU’s Strand Union Ballrooms.
“Parks’ view is that leaders are formed gradually, over time and through deliberate effort – not merely born with special traits,” says Griffin Stevens, a MSU Leadership Institute staff member and one of the event organizers.
Conventional thinking tries to sell an MBA as a magical passport to climb the career ladder en route to a bigger salary. While an MBA gives technical knowledge of current business practices and theory, it cannot teach leadership. And with our current economic crisis, its narrow focus is insufficient.
We tend to get more objective feedback on our technical skills (test scores, metrics, instant results) than we do on the “soft stuff”.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts