Montana Politics & Legislature
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
State legislators pass a lot of bills, and some of that efficiency is thanks to a group called ALEC that writes legislation for them. It’s as shady as it sounds!
What’s the proper way to treat new media reporters who have a clear political ideology? What if they are also employees of lobbying organizations funded by some of the biggest political donors in the country?
"Our economy is sagging under student loan debt, which is preventing graduates from buying cars and homes and just moving out of Mom and Dad’s basement," said Malek. "We need to welcome students into our economy."
"A Democrat in a place like Montana is one who can sit down at a table with a bunch of miners and fit in. He buys a hunting license. Fifty percent of Montana residents buy hunting and fishing licenses, so that means–well, you know what that means."
While those economic interests have periodically interfered in the initiative process, Charter’s attempt to enlist voters in a campaign to overturn a Supreme Court decision and reduce its tax burden struck some as an unprecedented abuse.
An individual’s judgment or position on a given issue should always be fair game, but attacks on character have no place in Montana.
Gazette opinion: Initiative 172 won’t lower cable bills – Charter knew its Montana tax liability when it invested here.
We want to see everyone pay the least amount of taxes allowed by law. But when it comes to property tax breaks, Montanans are all in it together.
Initiative 172 – Montana Supreme Court upholds ballot language for Charter to try and lower its tax rate
MEA-MFT President Eric Feaver told Lee Newspapers of Montana that if the initiative qualifies for the ballot, the union will return to court for a judicial review.
Tech companies are increasingly filling the gap between legislators and citizens by providing tools that allow them to easily connect, often from the comfort of their own homes.
FiscalNote helps small businesses to make smarter decisions by gaining greater insight into the workings of national and local politics related to their industry, keeping them informed of changes they might have otherwise missed.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts