Montana Politics & Legislature
Montana’s changing economic geography is only beginning to penetrate the state’s policy discussions. For example, the state traditionally utilizes revenue from resource extraction to fund its budget and lower taxes on other sectors. A decline...
The eighth-annual Conservation in the West survey shows Montana voters are divided on Trump but united on public lands.
Next Legislature Must Stand Up for Montana – These cuts have real-life consequences BY STEVE BULLOCK
Montanans are now seeing the real-life consequences of budget decisions made by the Republican legislators who make up the majority of our state Legislature.
The mayor of Billings said he supports a local sales tax because there is a need for building local infrastructure and trail construction is at a stand still. He said the local sales tax would...
Montana Governor Bullock approves six bills to cover $227 million gap in Montana budget, vetoes two others
Bullock called the special session this month to reduce spending to fix a budget shortfall, which was caused by unexpected costs from this summer’s wildfires and low revenue.
"Montana State Fund funds and assets belong to MSF policyholders and cannot be encumbered by the Legislature," the suit said. "… It is not the duty of MSF policyholders to solve the state’s fiscal problems."
Make no mistake: These reductions are going to hurt.
Our resolve to not raise taxes on Montanans and our determination to find a better solution meant that we couldn’t take the easy way out.
Hours after the Legislature adjourned, the Democratic governor told reporters that House Bill 8, sponsored by Rep. Barry Usher, R-Billings, was riddled with legal problems and "was pretty half-baked and in many respects, fairly silly."
Montana GOP majority expands special session on budget, transgender issues -Governor Bullock already making budget cuts
"Today we saw a stark contrast between one party that showed up to address the budget issue we face, and one party that wants to waste taxpayer money and … do things to harm people,"...
- Come Home Montana
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Rural Communities
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts