Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Montana State University (MSU) scientists, and SpeciGen Inc.’s scientific co-founders, Drs. Mark Young and Trevor Douglas authored the cover article “Viruses: Making Friends With Old Foes” in the May 12th edition of the journal Science
"SpeciGen uses patented, new and unique drug delivery vehicles to create and develop products for the diagnostic imaging and therapeutic marketplaces. Investing in SpeciGen is a way to help technology developed in Montana, stay in Montana and will allow SpeciGen to contribute to the state’s fledgling biomedical industry."
Renowned Stem Cell Researcher, Dr. Irving Weissman “Stem Cells: Science, Medicine and Politics”, 4/10, Missoula, MT
Weissman, an advocate for stem cell science, is director of the Institute of Cancer and Stem Cell Biology and Medicine at Stanford University and a professor in the school’s departments of developmental biology, pathology and biology.
Science Foundation Arizona is being created to attract private and public funding for biotech and biosciences, distribute the funds to key research efforts and lure new companies.
Biotechnology, Medical Device and Bioinformatics Firms From Washington, British Columbia, Oregon, Alberta and Montana Selected to Present March 21-22 in Seattle
The emerging companies highlighted at the 2005 BioWest conference that started Tuesday:
Biotech companies pitch their potential to investors – BioWest 2005., a two-day event that opens Tuesday, showcases firms in the Rocky Mountain region.
Most of the participants hail from Colorado, with others from Utah, Wyoming and Montana.
LigoCyte Pharmaceuticals of Bozeman, Montana Receives $4.6M NIH Biodefense Challenge Grant for Intranasal Anthrax Vaccine
"Securing this level of a competitive NIH award validates our anthrax vaccine approach and allows us to quickly move forward in our preclinical development,"
The new business will increase the size of Missoula’s budding biotech industry, and that bodes well for the area economy.
"It is remarkable, I think, that of the top 20 institutions receiving NIH grants and contracts in 2004, UM is the only one located in a state without a medical school," said Dean David Forbes. "Clearly, our scientists are a serious national — even international — force in the investigation of health issues."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts