Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The Montana Bioscience Alliance (http://www.montanabio.org) today announced that Robert Bargatze, Ph.D., of Ligocyte Pharmaceuticals http://www.ligocyte.com/ has been appointed as President for the state’s growing biotech industry alliance.
Biotech boom: As Hamilton businesses expand, interest in field grows. UM creates program to train lab workers for GlaxoSmithKline and Rocky Mountain Labs
Rural states like Montana stand out as quiet havens, where small startups don’t have to outshout giant corporations to be heard by the powers that be.
Compass Product Design takes products made by others and crafts a design around them that will make them both marketable and practical to use.
On Friday, in San Francisco, the California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research (QB3) introduced its own space where it hopes biotech innovation will spring from what it informally calls the "QB3 Garage." A picture of the Hewlett-Packard garage was hung up at the space to illustrate the inspiration for the name.
CTEK, a statewide nonprofit group that supports innovative entrepreneurs, teamed with the Colorado BioScience Association to form the biotech group. It is accepting applications through the CTEK Angels program.
“This is probably a once in a 100-year opportunity for the beef cattle industry and MSU to take the beef industry to a new plateau using genomics,” explained Jim Peterson, interim associate dean for outreach and development.
Seven Finalists, including Ligocyte of Bozeman, Montana, Selected for The BioWest 2006 Venture Showcase Competition, Presenting World-Changing Technologies
LigoCyte (Bozeman, Montana) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of therapeutic drugs and vaccines for preventing or treating human diseases within specialty markets.
LigoCyte Pharmaceuticals Awarded an Additional $2.3M Department of Defense Contract to Continue the Preclinical Development of Their 3rd Generation, Mucosal Anthrax Vaccine
The new vaccine provided 100% protection from an inhaled anthrax challenge in an animal study at Battelle Memorial Institute. "Our vaccine not only prevented death in all of the immunized animals, but it also reduced the morbidity, preventing the sickness caused by an infection," said Dr. Susan Wimer-Mackin, LigoCyte’s Director of Molecular Biology and the lead scientist on the anthrax vaccine project.
This is an exciting development because we can change viruses from disease-causing agents to disease-prevention and -detection agents.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts