MAPS : Media Arts in the Public Schools
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The Centers for Disease Control buys rights to Darby, Montana teenagers’ anti-smoking announcements. Media Arts in the Public Schools
MAPS founder Peter Rosten says the Darby teens also produced a documentary that shows the consequences of smoking through the eyes of terminally ill tobacco users. He says DVDs of the video have been requested by health departments and schools across the country.
MAPS: Media Arts in the Public Schools is now in five new Montana communities. The new programs need your support.
Our mission is to educate, train and create quality jobs for youth. FYI – our public school program is cash-flow positive and profitable and our ROI in human capital is proven. Our goal at all the clubs including Wolf Point is to create student owned profitable businesses by year three. Note: we have secured $21,000 of our $42,000 budget – a hometown helper grant would help immensely.
Paying for these programs is an ongoing effort and now you can help.
(and it will only take a minute of your time.)
2007 has been a good year for MAPS.
MAPS and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Missoula, Red Lodge, Wolf Point, Bozeman and Kalispell are looking for teens who would like to make movies, TV commercials or music videos.
The goal of this new business is to educate and create quality jobs for Montana teens.
Media Arts in the Public Schools say NO to tobacco through two new public service anti-smoking announcements.
Our students have made two public service ‘anti-smoking’ announcements.
A Hollywood expat trains would-be Scorseses in Montana high schools – MAPS™ : Media Arts in the Public Schools
"I learned how to edit film, but I also became a better person," says MAPS graduate Luke McLean, 19. "I learned how to organize myself, establish a budget, and work with a team."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts