MAPS : Media Arts in the Public Schools
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
When many folks retire they are content to putter around, travel and generally take it easy.
Not Peter Rosten.
MAPS was created in 2004 by the Florence Prever Rosten Foundation “to educate, create jobs and change lives for Montana youth.”
Retired Hollywood producer, Peter Rosten to recast Montana film instruction – Media Arts in the Public Schools (MAPS)
Rosten established a successful program called Media Arts in the Public Schools, or MAPS. Teenagers have learned how to direct and film movies, public service announcements and music videos. And they’ve been paid.
“Our Montana MAPS students are amazing. And a special thanks to the administrators at Corvallis High School – without them none of this would have been possible,” said MAPS President, Peter Rosten.
MAPS’ program goal and objective is to educate and create quality jobs for youth. To achieve this goal they encourage and develop a student’s creative voice, communication ability and confidence. And by combining these skills with character building tools – teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, problem solving – they are able to deliver a measurable return on human and capital investment.
Rosten said a major reason why he decided to run was because of the students involved with MAPS.
The client, Washington D.C. based The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, will purchase air time starting December, 2007. Airing in 38 states, the ads promote NASFAA’S “College Goal Sunday”
Hollywood may soon see an influx of film scripts from young, talented and bright writers from Corvallis High School thanks to MAPS
“It’s just really a cool thing to be able to give these kids the opportunity to express themselves in an honest, forthright way,” Rosten said. “We simply couldn’t have done this without the support and help from the administration.”
The Centers for Disease Control buys rights to Darby, Montana teenagers’ anti-smoking announcements. Media Arts in the Public Schools
MAPS founder Peter Rosten says the Darby teens also produced a documentary that shows the consequences of smoking through the eyes of terminally ill tobacco users. He says DVDs of the video have been requested by health departments and schools across the country.
MAPS: Media Arts in the Public Schools is now in five new Montana communities. The new programs need your support.
Our mission is to educate, train and create quality jobs for youth. FYI – our public school program is cash-flow positive and profitable and our ROI in human capital is proven. Our goal at all the clubs including Wolf Point is to create student owned profitable businesses by year three. Note: we have secured $21,000 of our $42,000 budget – a hometown helper grant would help immensely.
Paying for these programs is an ongoing effort and now you can help.
(and it will only take a minute of your time.)
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts