MAPS : Media Arts in the Public Schools
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Retired Hollywood producer seeks support (House Bill 385) for Montana program – Media Arts in the Public Schools
A retired Hollywood producer who took a break from the school film instruction he established in the Bitterroot Valley is preparing to resume that work, and expand it throughout Montana.
With eyes on Legislature, Media Arts in the Public Schools Media Institute (MAPS) recruits noted Montana journalist, Ian Marquand
“Montana needs economic development,” Rosten said, pointing to the long-term potential of media industry work as a source. “We should encourage growing a media savvy workforce and MAPS is an example of what has been done in the past and what can be done in the future, which is to train a well-educated workforce.”
Peter Rosten also thinks that expansive digital marketplace can foster growth for the economy of Ravalli County.
“MAPS (Media Arts In The Public Schools) Mini Film Festival” – Admission Free- 10/18, Hamilton, Montana
http://www.mapsmediainstitute.com/ The MAPS Media Institute is committed to providing a rigorous, hands-on program designed to instill a lifelong passion for learning and to equip students with the skills and confidence for academic, social and professional…
Senators Baucus and Tester announce grant for Hamilton-based education program – Media Arts in the Public Schools (MAPS)
“The grant is our seed money,” said Peter Rosten, a former entertainment industry writer, producer and executive who founded the Media Arts in the Public Schools http://www.mediarts.org/ , or MAPS, program at Corvallis High School.
When many folks retire they are content to putter around, travel and generally take it easy.
Not Peter Rosten.
MAPS was created in 2004 by the Florence Prever Rosten Foundation “to educate, create jobs and change lives for Montana youth.”
Retired Hollywood producer, Peter Rosten to recast Montana film instruction – Media Arts in the Public Schools (MAPS)
Rosten established a successful program called Media Arts in the Public Schools, or MAPS. Teenagers have learned how to direct and film movies, public service announcements and music videos. And they’ve been paid.
“Our Montana MAPS students are amazing. And a special thanks to the administrators at Corvallis High School – without them none of this would have been possible,” said MAPS President, Peter Rosten.
MAPS’ program goal and objective is to educate and create quality jobs for youth. To achieve this goal they encourage and develop a student’s creative voice, communication ability and confidence. And by combining these skills with character building tools – teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, problem solving – they are able to deliver a measurable return on human and capital investment.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts